cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come sessions are timeout before the time that I assigned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

We are using SAP 6.20 ,BW 3.0B

in T-code SICF I assigned specific application's session time out as 10 minute.

but the session are sometimes timed out before actual time that I assigned. like 1 minute.

and in opposit way I assigned some application 20seconds and that session sometimes stays longer than 10 minute.

why this problem happen? is this a bug or system resources are lack? or something wrong in bsp script?

if resource is problem last problem shouldn't be happen.

is there any way control session time out strictly by user define?

should I check something else? is this happen only to me?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First of all the session time out in SICF can be superseeded by the overall system timeout. If you set a timeout that is longer than the system timeout (set via ICM Profile Parameters) it will be ignored.

However what you described does sound a little odd. I have done a lot of detailed testing around timeouts (When writting a timeout warning tag) and I have never encountered such occurences. I can tell you that the timeout is not accurate down to the second. There must be a thread the wakes ever 60 seconds or so to check for expired sessions. Therefore you could some some variance, but I wouldn't expect it to ever be more than 60 seconds longer than the specifyed time.

It is possible that this might be a bug in your ICM kernel. You might want to read through the kernel ICM patch list or just try patching to the latest 6.40 kernel since it is a minor effort to do so.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inchul,

Check your session time <b> rdisp/plugin_auto_logout </b> in RZ11.The default is 30 minutes.

If you set the session time in SICF,It will takes which ever is lower.

SERVER GROUP : PUBLIC

ERROR TYPE : 0

SESSION Timeout : 00:10:00

Check compression.

The above setting works fine for me .

Rgds,

Jothi.

Mark useful answers.