cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you change text varaible for offset fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am using variable for fiscal year (0P_GJAHR) and then I am using text varaible (&0T_FYEAR&) so that the fiscal year comes up in the key figure column.

Now I am offsetting the fical year variable by -1 so that I can get comaprison between current year and previous year but the text varaible still shows the current year, how do you offset the text varaible by -1 ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you are creating the offset as another column, the text variable should work as desired...how have you set this up in your query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I have created a RKF and that is going to show me the current fiscal year. Then I again added the same RKF in the cloumn area and right click and restrict and did the offset as -1. But when I execute the query the text for both the columns is showing as 2006 rather than one showing 2006 and offset one showing 2005.

Is there any other better way of doing it, I though last time you mentioned that I can do it this way right?

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Is the data in the offset column as expected? When you mention RKF, do you mean that you had created this on the left hand side? Can you try to just create both columns in the right had side (i.e. the restrictions)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhanu actually results pretty ok. I am inputting fiscal year as 2007 and so the offset is 2006. My cibe does not have data for 2007 so the first column is empty and I have data in 2nd (offset) column whic is right data for 2006.

I will try what you suggested.

Thanks

Edited:

When I say RKF, i created it on LHS and then when I am trying to offset what I do is basically do the restrict again for fiscal year when its on right hand side. I hope I am doing that right?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Raj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The text variable basically reads the value of the characteristic...if you set an offset on your fiscal year...and have the same text variable which you are using for the current year...it should show the offset value in the header...

right click on the fiscal year, offset it and use the same text variable in the header ....should work...

Message was edited by: Kamal K

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create all my restrcition son RHS rather than creating RKF then it worls perfectly fine.

Thanks for the help

Answers (0)