cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we Use SAP BI in Crystal Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we do the Xcelsius Dash board reporting on the BW reports which give the output in the Microsoft Excel.

Because its getting the data from the Excel only. So my question is can we do dash board reporting on the Bex reports.

Regards

Sankar Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sankar,

take a the link from here from a Community session I did. It also covers how you can connect from SAP BI to Xcelsius.

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/11/19/businessobjects-integration-with-sap-netweaver-bi--technical-material

Keep in mind that there will be a direct connectivity from XC to the SAP System in the near future - see the roadmap for details

ingo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use the dashboard Travel Expenses but I can not make the update data. What should I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cannot use the Excel data as a source in Xcelsius.

To create Xcelsius Dashboards, U have to first install the int. kit and BO XI3.0 (latest one) and Xcelsius separately.

1) first u have to create a UNIVERSE on top of the Query.

2) Then QaaWS (Query as a webs ervice) on that universe which u can import in Xcelsius and create the Dashboards.

Regards,

Abhishek Gupta

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

take a look here:

Xcelsius Overview

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/02/teched-las-vegas--are-you-up-for-the-business-objects-community-xcelsius-challenge

Xcelsius, Crystal Reports and Live Office

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/03/businessobjects-and-sap-part-9--xcelsius-with-crystal-reports-and-live-office

Xcelsius, Universes and Query as a Web Service

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/04/businessobjects-and-sap-part-10--xcelsius-with-universe-and-query-as-a-webservice

Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I am not sure that I understood your question correctly but I assume that you are asking if you can use the output of the BEx Analyzer as a source for XCelsius. The answer for this is no. The BEx Anlayzer macros do not work after importing the excel file in xcelsius. You have to get the BOBJ int.KIT for SAP in order to get SAP data into XCelsius.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Stratos