cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i tune Statistics Queries..i.e Technical content Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requirement. I need to tune BW Statistics Queries. How can i tune those Queries. I have seen several Performence Documents. I ahve seen several tools to tune the performence for queries in the SDN Forum. My Quetion is when i need to apply these scenarios. ow can i come to know that this Query is lag of this one lag of that one. For me it's bit confusing. How can i improve the performce of Technical Content Queries.

If any body worked on BW technical content Queries please guide me i need to tell my lead some suggetions to improve the performence.

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

I guess some aggregates are provided by SAP for the BW Stats cube. Try installing them from RSA1 -> Business Content.

As for the performance it depends for how much cube the stats are maintained. The more the no. of cubes slower would be the performance. You could refer to the posts by PIZZAMAN on aggregates in the BI forums. They are really informative.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you. assigned points.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

You can create your own aggregates on the BW Stats Cube for performance improvement. Also you can make copies of the BW stats queries and modify them for performance improvement.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Nice to ur message. one thing is Aggregates, <b>is there any aggretes SAP Provided for BW statistics cubes ?</b>. You told me modify Queries, how to modify those queries i mean how can i know these queries lag of some thing. Just like modifying is no Meaning. One big problem is that i'm not getting how to use RSRT, rsddstat and ST03N tools. can u elaborate these transactions and tables. wht is the role of RSDDSTATAGGR( i think), is it contains BW Cubes aggregate data? Could you please guide me how can estimate the performence of these queries.

Nagesh.

Message was edited by: Nagesh Ganisetti