cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i find (Debug - method) the flow of program in workflow at run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I working in Workflow monitoring. When a workflow is set into error in SWPR , i need to analyse the error and report it. In many cases the error happens in the method of class / BOR. So i could not find out the what happens inside the method. I am doing this in an productive environment.i am not given to Run any METHOD or BOR or CLASS ? How can i make my workflow monitoring better to show exact error ?

Thanks in advance !

Richard A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply go to SWO1 and provide the correct business Object and execute the Method with the key field which are in error providing the correct import parmeter to the Method of the BO which you can get from the Task container. For this ofcourse you will require authorization to execute the Methods.

Another way which I do when I do not have authorization is the check the code in the method and analyse with the data available in the task container.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

We are able to debug the Method if we directly execute it with appropriate inputs but when it is required to debug the method in the background along with the application and not the method separately.

Normally what I do is whenever i need to debug the method i set and infinite loop at the point where i want to set the break point and then go to SM50 and from there i can debug my method and that gives me the exact problem in the method.

Please correct me if i am wrong or is there any other method by which we can debug the method along with the application.

Regards,

Geet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

You cannot debug a method by directly setting a break point as we do normally.....u can do this by

just putting an infinite loop at the point where u want to set the debug point inside the method.

Execute the workflow where this method is being used.

Then go to SM50, here you will find your method which has gone into infinite loop.I debug mode change the value of the variable so that it can move ahead of the infinite loop.

Now you can debug easily and find out where the problem lies.

Do reply back in case of any query or even if yr problem is resolved.

Regards,

Geet

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should try to replicate the problem in the Test or Development environment, and do debugging there.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have access to T.code SWPR right.

1) Select the workitem and click the Workflow log

2) In the workflow log See the 'step History' and analysis it

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to Debug the method, first find the method behind the step of the workflow.

Goto SWO1-> settings menu-> select the option debugger on.then click on test BOR,instantaite the BOR ,after that when you click on Execute method which you want to debug system will take you to debug mode

hope this will help you

Thanks

Kiran