cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I create ACCT_BUDAT into COPA account based data source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Friends,

I create a COPA data source use standard BI function: KEB0 and find that the posting data(ACCT_BUDAT ) can not include into it.

I checked the table CE4xxxx_acct and find that it has already in it, however when I check tcode KEQ3 I found that this field is not in the list.

So can anybody tell me the reason and advice? the posting data is important for the report. Also if possible, may I include the COPA document number into the COPA account based datasource?

thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The posting date BUDAT is not a characteristic ; its just a technical field.

There is a logical reason for this

The CE4XXXX table basically holds a unique PA segment no for a unique combination of characteristics. For example let us say you have only 2 characteristics customer and product. Then let us say for customer 1 and product 1 you have PA no 1; for customer 2 and product 2 PA no 2 and so on. Every time you post a document with customer 1 and product 1 the same PA no 1 will be reused i.e. no new entry will be made to CE4XXXX.

Now if you were to introduce a new characteristic called date in this table then every time the date changes a new PA no will have to be generated and the entries in CE4 table will grow. This will make reporting more difficult and will also cause performance problems.

regards

Waman

Answers (0)