cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Enduser navigate to change password page in 7.3 portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can enduser navigate to change password page in 7.3 portal?

The Checkbox in the "SystemAdministration->SystemConfiguration->UMConfiguration->Security Policy->Allow Users to change their own Passwords" is already enabled and also added Manage_My_Password ume action to few of the assigned user roles.

In the previous version it was from the personalization link in the masthead but in 7.3 I am getting personalization link as highlighted in the attachment. Please help

Thanks and Regards,

Suman I Kurian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Add UME.Manage_My_Profile action also. Assign this roles (UME.Manage_My_Password, UME.Manage_My_Profile)  to groups or users for which you want to allow self-management.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Added UME.Manage_My_Profile action also, still I am not able to see any change password option.

Is there any other settings that have to be done?

Could you also tell me from where exactly we will be accessing change password page(Navigation Path).

Thanks and Regards,

Suman I Kurian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

You need to add the User Profile application in your Standard User Role to get the Password Management Feature.

Path to application : pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/personalization_page

Regards,

Chinmay Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmay,

That resolved my issue.

Steps Followed

1) Added UME.Manage_My_Password and UME.Manage_My_Profile to sap Standard Role "Standard User Role"(pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/com.sap.portal.eu_role)

2) Added This Role to the particular User or Group

3) This enabled the grayed out "Portal" link in Personalization as highlighted below.

Thanks and Regards,

Suman I kurian

Answers (0)