cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostname change server not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a fresh installation of WAS 6.40 and EP7.0.and Its working fine.

I chnaged the hostname according to the steps given in SAP Note 757692 .

The host name has been changed but the server works only for 30 mins and then i need to restart it.

Without changing the host name the server works fine..

Any Pointer??

Regards

Indu Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you changed the host name - its very likely that your existing licence key is no longer valid - you need to apply to sap to get an update that reflects your new setup. This 30 minute shutdown is typical of an unlicenced portal.

You can go into the WebAS system information utility and confirm this.

Thanks

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe the wrong way but if i try to backdate the system (day when i installed the server) it should work.But still its not working,it works only for 30 mins and then the server gets down..

Any Pointer?

Regards

Indu garg

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest get a new license key for your installation, as rightly said older license key will not be valid as it is specific to the older host name.you can get this key on https://service.sap.com.

Regards,

Ameya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Please elaborate on your point? you need to restart the server as you said, well does this means you are getting any error or it gets down automatically? have you observed any strange behaviour?

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

The problem i am facing is that the jcontrol.exe stops after every 30 mins giving error: License check failed.

Regards,

Indu