cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Volume Extraction (RESB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to extract planned raw material volumes from the RESB (Dependent Requirements) table. I haven't found a relevant standard extractor to fit this need (only found one, 0PS_COMPONT_ATTR, but it is a part of Program and Project Management and does not contain the data I need).

Here is what I have found:

1. This table has the potential to be very high-volume.

2. There is not a good field or fields (that I can find) that could be used for establishing a Delta.

Questions:

1. Has anyone extracted from this table using a generic extractor?

2. Is a Full Load the only option?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem you had you a few years ago with the table resb.

I do bw in a daily extraction of a data volume of 20,000,000 records.

you have solved this problem?

ian_barrow2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have not used this solution yet myself, but are you aware that when creating a generic extractor you can select it to be ALE Delta.

If you then select the table RESB (I think in SE11), you can switch on table hisory. This will create an entry in the change pointer table for all entries. Quite an overhead.

I believe the ALE Delta will read this change pointer table to select entries that are added or changed.

I cannot remember the name of the table that is updated with the table tracking history but am sure you can find it if you really want to.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Did you solve the issue? I have the same. Thanks in advance, Susana

ian_barrow2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution? I am after the same requirement.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Doug,

Since you are saying the table is expected to be high volume, its better to have a delta on the datasource. What you meant by high volume? around how many number of records? how fequently the data will be extracted? answer to these quetion will help guiding further.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

I hvnt extracted from this table.But you can always go for :

1)Generic delta

2)Generic delta by FM.

For 1 st option make sure your different conditins are taken care of.

Let me know if you need more help..

GAurav