cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a question regarding hierarchies. I have a cash flow hierarchy under which I have different nodes for example 'operating income', 'depreciation', 'taxes' etc. but I need to give a selection criteria for just 'depreciation' with 'movement type' 100, 'movement type' 200 for 'taxes'. How do I do this, I mean I can give a selection for a characteristic but how an object under an hierarchy.

Any idea please let me know.

Thanks,

Nikki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nikki,

Are you looking to create a variable where the user can select the hierarchy node? It is possible to create hierarchy node variables...let me know if you need info on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Bhanu, I don't want to create any variables on the hierarchy nodes but I need different selections under certain hierarchy nodes. Ex:

Cash Flow hierarchy

Depreciation

Taxes

Operating income

Now I want to hardcode for one single query with "Depreciation" having "movement type" as 100

and "Taxes" as "movement type" 200.

Instead of filtering for the whole query I need to filter individually for hierarchy nodes with different filters.

Let me know if it is still not clear.

Thanks,

Nikki

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you want to restrict the Depreciation node with Movement Type 100 only and Taxes with Movement Type 200...I think you will be able to do that only if you create a structure based on your hierarchy...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand how to do that. I created a structure with 3 different selections but I don't think it is the right way to have one column with structure values and second column with hierarchy, so is there an appropriate method.

Thanks,

Nikki

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The idea forming in my mind was to recreate your hierarchy in the form of a structure (however this is possible only if you Hier is not very vast). And then you can set the structure to display hierarchically with the nodes that open and close, so it would still look like a hierarchy to the end user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my hierarchy is vast. Can you be more elaborate about opening and closing the nodes.

Thanks,

Nikki

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

If your Hierarchy is vast, this may be time consuimg so I would suggest that you try a small example and see if it works like what you are expecting. From SAP help:

Hierarchical display of structures

You can arrange the structural components in a structure hierarchically.

Use the right mouse button to call the context menu and choose Level Down or Level Up. The hierarchical relationship of the structural components is displayed in the executed query like a presentation hierarchy. You can expand and collapse the nodes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4d/e2bebb41da1d42917100471b364efa/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Please try to evaluate the following approach.

Make a mivement type as a compounding attribute to your IO that forms an hierarchy.

In the query set a filter for movement type.

It should work.

Best regards,

Eugene