cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls let me know if its possible to see the source of the nodes that are defined in the hierarchy.

have tried all possibilities, but couldnt get a solution.

Pls clarify

Sajan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

Could you give us more details about your problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Hierarchy defined for an Info Object in BW.

That hierarchy has lots of nodes created under it. I want to know the name of the table from which the values for those nodes are being populated.

Is there any way by which i can get the source R/3 table name which populates values for these nodes.

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

It depends on the Infoobject, or more precisily it depends on the R/3 field, the table is not the same for 0COSTCENTER or for 0RGUNIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fair enough, but what i want to know is, how to go about looking for the table names for the nodes in the hierarchy. Rather i dont know where to look out for the source of those nodes.

Let me know as to how to do that.

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to look at these tables, perhaps this can help you.

Table: ROOHIECAT

In datasource: specify your hierarchy datasource technical name.

Take a look for the structures of fields, STRUC NODE and

STRUC NODT.

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually did that. I typed the data source name of the hierarchy in RS02 in R/3. It actually said the specified data source names is not valid and it mentioned a Function Module extractor name.

Are u asking me to look into ROOHIECAT table in R/3??

And i didnt understand this part: "Take a look for the structures of fields, STRUC NODE and STRUC NODT"

Can u pls elaborate.

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Ja, ROOHIECAT table in R/3, then in fields STRUCNODE and STRUCNODT you can see the structures from which the nodes and texts are supplied. That is if you want to look for the source in R/3. If you want to see the origin in BW take a look at the hierarchy tables that are in the infoobject Hierarchy Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, did that. For the STRUC_NODE i have ROSHIENODE and STRUC_NODT i have ROSFOLDERT.

Dont understand what this means. Can you throw some light on what it is?

Sajan.M