cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy filter not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one query for employees timesheet hrs...having one standard hierarchy for cost center. I have excluded few cost centers numbers in selection cireria in query design.

now when i execute query ....

1. execute normal - the way it is. works fine. shows total perfectly right.

2. now i want to swap standard hierarchy with cost center function. - that is also works fine. total is correct. (total is shown per region)

3. now when i filter the cost center by perticular regions - like east/west/south...it doesnt show total as it supposed to be. for east - it shows right total while for western it shows more...its not consistent.

is that mean that it is using those cost center numbers which i excluded from list ? why the total is not consistent...why the hierarchy is not working properly ?

I will assign the points to any help.

Thank You,

KSmith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are filtering by west region, do you see the cost centers that you have excluded in the selection. I mean when you drop down the west region hierarchy node. If not, try to compare the numbers of the same region when you run normaly(with the hierarchy). See which cost center is bringing in more hrs, that way you know if its the hierarchy or the selections that are causing the issue. I tried on my sys, when i filter with a node, i dont see any cost centers that have been excluded in the selections and the totals match up either way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi voodi,

I checked all the values i excluded from the list and its not there when i execute the query...still when i filter and then swap (or viseversa) the total comes different for western region.

any clue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK .. now we know that the excluded values are not showing up or adding up. We are one step near. And did you check the numbers against the normal report, not just the totals but actually according to cost center under west region. is it one cost center that has more number of hrs or all of them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Voodi,

Checked hierarchy total....by drilling down each layer...looks like the total is wrong. havent done for all of those but what ever i checked most of the total is wrong...how come its calculating wrong total ??

never saw this situation - any solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are just the totals wrong or even the individual values wrong too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought can you go and check in the properties of the KF, is there any setting for "calculate result as" and "calculate single values as". Might be the result is being culmulated or anyother settings thats getting the totals wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

voodi,

i have one structure under column section. and in property there is no option selected for calculate result as or calculate single value as. The structure has formula "weekended/ &ZDAYTEXT&"

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved on my own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share the solution you implemented to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

RRR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sovled the problem on my own.

Message was edited by:

Keral Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem can u pls tell me what u did

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any kind of exception aggregation on the Key Figure that you are using.

If this is the case then your totals will not tally

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the column i have one structure -

which is having formula.

the formula is having

Calendar Day

(Prior Sunday of current day (Customer exit)-20; prior sunday of current day (customer exit)-14)

key figure

Quantity

cannt figure out what is going wrong !!!