cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding total above stacked bar chart in SAP Analytics Cloud

I am creating a stacked bar in SAP Analytics Cloud. The chart displays the total above each stacked bar, but I want to hide the total. Does anyone know how to hide the totals? Thanks in advance.

jyoti_raheja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bao,

Did you get any workaround for this? I am also facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Hello,

This is a current limitation. You can get more information from SAP Note:

3094641 - How to hide the sum label in the Stacked Bar/Column chart in

As a workaround, you could apply the same colour to text and background.

This method is applied in Sample - Revenue Analysis Story (white colour):

Regards,

Miquel

Still not availble as far as I know - we also matched data lable color with background color. It works in graphomate, though - hey@SAP, wouldnt this be a low-hanging-fruit improvement to offer? It's even worse if you stack positive and negative numbers... if I could make a wish: let us decide if we want to show subtotals or net totals or no totals. That would go a long way, making the stacked bar chart actually usable...

PrathameshA
Participant

I am sure this will be available soon as a feature. For now, a cheeky workaround could be to use data label color that will match background color. Stacked bars will continue to show the number while the total figure displayed above the bars will be masked

jyoti_raheja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for this workaround. I thought of it but was of impression that will be applied to all data labels.

Thanks!! 🙂

Jyoti

sdusgik
Active Participant

And this is still not available? 😞

PrzemyslawMiga
Explorer

Hi,

I think that SAP forgot to such kind of option. Show/hide Data Labels is related to all data labels, but here we would like to remove only annoying total data labels.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Two thoughts.

If you check off 'show chart as 100%' in Chart Orientation on the Builder Panel you will not get the totals. This would only work if you are interested only in the % of the Total each individual part is of the whole.

Or you could create an R stacked bar visualization where you would have the control to remove the Total.

Nice example here

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/showing-data-values-on-stacked-bar-chart-in-ggplot2-in-r/

Jim

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option to try is show/hide data labels from the context menu - see screen shot below:

bosegsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Powlas

The above said Data labels removes all, but we need to remove only the Total value Label as depicted below

Bose