cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the View!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a view set in which there 3 views. 3 views are in three different View Areas.

I want them to one of them to visible at a time. The workflow in this case is on pressing button it goes to other view, and in second view the click of link opens table in third view.

I want after till i press enter button, the rest views shud be hidden, once i press enter button the first view becomes invisible and similarly for other views.

is there anything available like this?

Thanks in advance

Srikant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello D.V.Srikant,

Use viewContainerUIElement and appropriate layouting instead of viewset. In this case you can change "visibility" property dynamicaly.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim

Well i want to use the Viewset as that provides better visibility to the application. Is there any work around available for this.

My question is whether there any way we can change the visibity property of the View ?

Thanks in advance

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this you can do by making the WDVisibility property = none for the second and third views. then in the action of the button make it as visible.

Do declare a variable named visibilty in the context of the view.

refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/dy... programming in web dynpro.pdf

Page21

Regards

Rajeev.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello D.V.Srikant,

> Well i want to use the Viewset as that provides

> better visibility to the application. Is there any

> work around available for this.

I can`t imagine a layout wich can be done with viewsets but not with layouts of RootUIElementContainer. Could you please provide me dscription of one?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

D.V.,

Using View + UIElementContainer-s (+ TransparentContainer for some cases) you may create layouts of arbitrary complexity and "best visibility"

Sure, all the same is possible with viewset, but with UI elements you has greater controll at run-time (for visibility, size and even position)

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Value attribute of type visibility from Dictionary(com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility)by the name - Visibility and bind it to your View's Visible propery.

Now set the visibility of your view that you dont want to be displayed initially as WDVisibiliy.Blank,in this manner:

wdContext.currentContextElement().setVisibility(WDVisibility.BLANK)

//where Visibility is the context attribute here that u created.

and then on any action set it to WDvisibility.visible -when you want to show it, like this

wdContext.currentContextElement().setVisibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);

the same i posted in this link

have a look at it..but there is no difference.

All the best.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might consider doing something like this:-

Each of the View areas would contain an empty view. These empty views would be the default view for view areas which would be hidden initially. The area in which the actual view is visible will have the corresponding view as default.

Now when you fire the plug from first view to the second ot second to the third, make sure that there are 2 additional lines from this plug to the inbound plug of the empty views in the view areas which you want to hide.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Can you provide more details about your requirement?

When we use a normal view, as you are aware, only one view will be shown at a time. If we navigate to another view using plugs, the original view will be replaced by the new view. Generally we use viewset when we want to show more than one views at a time. But here also the concept remains the same. We can have many cells in a view, with only one view being displayed at a time in each cell. You might be already aware of these, but just wanted to get a clearer picture from you.

Best Regards,

Nibu.