cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding Rows which has Zeros for all columns in Crosstab which has BEx Structure as Row Header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm using BO 4.0 SP04 Patch 6 Version. Created my Webi Report using BICS Connection.

I have Crosstab which has Bex_Structure as Row Header and Month as Column Header and Revenue in the Body.

I want to Hide Rows whose values are 0 for the entire Year(for Selected Months).

Now, if i uncheck the option "Show rows for which all measure values = 0" in the format table, it is not hiding 0's.

Also, i unchecked the option "Show rows with all empty measure values" in the format table (because some rows dont have entries for some months but having 0's for other months, i'm using IsNull function to replace Null into 0), it is also not hiding 0's.

Please Help me, where i'm wrong. How can i hide the Rows which has 0's for all the Columns. Limitation with BEx Structure?

Please note: Body of Crosstab has Formulas and not direct measures assigned to it.

Thanks in Advance

-Parthiban.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue (BI4, Webi on BICS) and believe this is a bug as defined in the notes mentioned by Victor however I found a workaround.

I replicated the same table table in a report and through trial and error found that if I change the column heading from =NameOf([rptVariable]) to ="New Description" it would not hide my empty rows with all other settings the same. It should have no impact on my results rows but does.

Not ideal...

Thanks, Gareth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some1 help me with this? why rows with 0's are visible even after enabling the above options?

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parhiban,

there is some correntions around this in recent patches, here some notes:

I think you should go ahead with one of the suggestions above based on filters or alerters.

It might help others help you if you attach a screenshot of your crosstab.

Best regards,

Victor

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating a filter on table say Revenue < 0 ..

Report will display only the rows which has value greater than 0.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jothi

0 Kudos

Hi Parthiban,

Try creating a variable as a measure for the calculation used in crosstab body and create an alerter based on the values shown in the table.

ie., if the value is null or 0 make the font color white and apply it to the cell values.

Regards,

Mahendran N

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parthiban,

Can we apply Null condition within tghe formula itself instead of applying it at report formatting.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your Response

Can you please explain more your idea? If i'm not wrong, I should assign Null if [Formula]=0. is it? can u help with code?

Please note, Parent nodes are used as headings with Blank Cell for entire Row. So, if i uncheck the option "Show rows with all empty measure values" in the format table, it will hide Empty Rows with Headings also (Parent Node).

Please help me with this.