cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Folders in POrtal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a folder in Porat content Directory. The folder has some iviews in it. I want to hide the folder i.e. the folder should be listed in the portal content but it should be invisible to any user who is accessing the portal.

Regards,

Bharath

Edited by: bharath padmanabhan on Oct 30, 2008 7:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

When you say user accessing the Portal, if the users are accessing your PCD (basically means that its not a end user as PCD is only accessable via the Content Admin), then there is no really a way to hide the folder. You can set permission.

When you say user accessing the Portal, if the users are accessing the Portal via the end user roles you given then (not via the Content Admin), you can use navigation iview which points to only a specific folder.

The other alternaive way can be that of Koti's suggestion on iview/workset/role.

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ray,

I want the folders to be hidden who have content admin role. That is the users can access folders in content admin's portal content except the folders that are invisible to them. Hope you can understand me now.

Regards,

Bharath

ravi_joseph
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

content administrator role means he who has the full control over the portal content. I think there is no standard way to achieve this, may be u nee to modify the core functinality

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Do you want to set worksets/roles/iviews in that folder invisible in detialed navigation?

open the workset/role under the folder and

check the property hidden in navigation

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Koti,

I want to make clear about my doubt. I want to hide that entire folder not just the iviews or worksets alone in that folder. Hope you can understand what i am asking.

Regards,

Bharath

ravi_joseph
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the portal content I believe there is no such option for folder, can u try in PCD inspector, I believe there has some options.

Jo