Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide elements in your app

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am building several pages into my app the screen is getting cluttered with elements from other pages.

Is it possible to hide parts of your application so you can work on a part of the application without being distracted

by other elements? Or is this something coming up in next releases?

regards,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

just updating older thread (asked when DS 1.0 was the latest one) with current information:

Since DS 1.1 it is possible to hide elements: Hiding / Showing elements in Design Studio 1.1

Regards,

David

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some things like images have properties where you can set Visible to true or false.

Perhaps you can attach a screen shot if this is not what you are looking for?

Regards,

Tammy

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

When i develop an app the screen becomes cluttered with several elements

Here you see a popup with 2 buttons and a crosstab on top of another crosstab.

What i would like to do when i continue to work on this is to hide the popup with all it's children

so i can work with a clear view on the items below.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for clarifying - it is at Design Time.

We have an ASUG webcast on Design Studio on Monday and I will ask this question.

Tammy

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,  I asked for same thing in our last webcast.  I think it will make developer's like easy to hide them at design time so that they can focus on componenets they are working on.  right now it becomes very busy and seems components are all over the place.

Having hidden button just like dashboarads at design time would help big time.

jeremy_ma_usa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A Container to allow grouping of objects and property to trigger visibility for all will be helpful in this case,  sheeting individual comp can be prone to mistake:)