cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous landscape based on iSeries database server

0 Kudos

Hi Experts!.

We have SAP R3 installed on a iSeries server, database and aplication server on same machine. From the begining of the year the performance of our platform is going down. We have increased buffers, do housekeeping works, etc, but the performance is not increased to much.

I want to know if we can install a new aplication server on a wintel virtual machine and connect it to our existing landscape.

Thanks in advance for your help and coments.

Best Regards.

View Entire Topic
ralf_buescher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Francisco,

the installation of a Windows additional application server instance/dialog instance is supported for IBM i. When you install an SAP instance on a virtual host you should take care that you are using the sapinst parameter SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME:

sapinst.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<Virtual_Host_Name>

For more details see the installation documentation:

service.sap.com/sltoolset > SL Toolset > Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 > Documentation > System Provisioning > Installation: Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 / 7.0 EHPs (or Installation: Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher) > IBM DB2 for i > Windows

(for example: Installation Guide SAP Systems Based on the Application Server ABAP of SAP NetWeaver on Windows: IBM DB2 for i)

Kind regards, Ralf Büscher