cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with TRex Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to install TRex (6.1.09.00) on my local portal (Netweaver 04 (640) - Stack 12) and during the 2nd last step of the installation I get the following message:

"error starting web server" and then the installation fails. When I checked the log, I got the following error message:

"The system cannot find the file specified.)in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (278), with parameter (C:\usr\sap\Python
python.exe C:\usr\sap\trex_02/CCMS/install_config.py)".

I tried installing a couple of times and I always got the same error messages. Can anyone please help me? Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Sincerely,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When once Trex installation is failed, subsequent tries will also get the same error. My advice woudl be to uninstall the trex, delete all the sap_inst dir contents and delete the trex website after uninstallation. Go ahead with fresh installation. But the specify the new trex instance suppose previously you have specified 00, now specify 02 or 03 etc.

Never install Trex on same server on which portal is installed. It slow down your portal performance.

As well you need to satisfy the pre-requisites specified in installation directory.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000082762005E.PDF

Hope this helps.

thanks,

Praveen

PS. Dont forget to reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for all your replies. Praveen, as per your suggestion when I did a fresh installation of TRex, I could get it working. Thanks for your valuable help and time.

Sincerely,

Sri

P.S. I have awarded points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Good to know that your problem is solved. Thanks for the points too.

Thanks,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

for straightforward errors during installations, please always log a support message to SAP under http://service.sap.com/support.

You help us fix, in case the problem really lies within the installation. An error recorded and posted in SDN is not officially logged as something for SAP to fix.

Thanks,

Karsten