cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Showing account that starts with few Digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help in my report to only capture accounts that start with following digit (C1234, C0071, C3450, U1789)? All help appreciated. Thanks

This way all accounts that ONLY start with these will come up.

Note - My account no are 8 digits. I need the report to capture all accounts that starts with
C1234, C0071, C3450, U1789

Appreciate much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a another way through which you can create a Query Level Filter with which No accounts other than you want will come in Report. Please create a Query Level Filter as shown in screen shot below.

Replace Article Label with the Object Account Number in your Query.

This will improve performance as well but in case you want to use other accounts as well in the report then go with the first approach that I gave you.

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Niraj! Thanks so much, I used the first solution (Variable) and it worked.

I actually tried the second one before asking for help here in the forum and didn't get it to work. But now I see why, you created 4 different "Matches Pattern" Query while I used only one Match Pattern and combined the accounts separated by semicolon.

Thanks Much Niraj for showing me multiple ways to achieve this - Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you liked it. Please close the thread if you are satisfied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shila,

Create a Dimension Check as

[Check]=If Match([Account];"C1234*") Or Match([Account];"C0071*")

Or Match([Account];"C3450*")  Or Match([Account];"U1789*")

Then 1 Else 0

And then apply a Block Level Filter Saying Check equals to 1 this will bring in all the needed acc no.

Regards

Niraj