cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with enhancing extract structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAPBW and i am having trouble with enhancing new fields to the extract structure in r/3.i know how to get to the extract structure and append it but my problem is that when i try to append the structure a screen opens and wants me to put in a component and a component type .i did put .include in the component space but then when i do a drop down on the component type,it asks for a table,description,package and app component.i did fill in the table i was extracting form i.e vbak and i gave a brief description , now i am confused what package i should put there..i tried creating a package but i get an error.can anyone please help me..i have not studied abap and i dont know what a component is.please also send me some sample abap code on how to add fields to the extract structure.any help will be most appreciated.

thanks

my email add is zongs@go.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Following links can give you better insight..

• assign points if this helps...***

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

can u please send me some sample abap code on how to populate the data into the new fields.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopi,

say i am appending bktxt-bkpf and dmbtr-bseg for my 0FI_AR_4 datasource.in the maintain append structure what do i put in the component and component type.please advice.

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharon,

You are lucky !!! I found 2 links for your exact requirement

Hope you this will resolve your issues.

Regs

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

thanks for the reply.i created a structure zbwfiar and i put in zzmbtr as the component and bseg as the component type same with zbktxt-bkpf when i try activating it i get the error message "enhancement category for table missing" and then a list of error like

"field mandt does not lie within customer namespace" and there must be about 30 of errors like that .can u please advice me on what i am doing wrong

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the Component Name from ZZMBTR to ZMBTR.

Regs

Gopi

Assign points if helpful ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Sample code to add old material code to the data source

'2LIS_02_S012'.

The function module is EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001.

You have write the code in the include zxrsau01.

when '2LIS_02_S012' .

data : it_s012biws like s012biws .

tables : mara .

loop at c_t_data into it_s012biws .

l_tabix = sy-tabix.

select single bismt from mara into mara-bismt where matnr =

it_s012biws-matnr.

if sy-subrc = 0.

it_s012biws-zzoldmatno = mara-bismt .

endif.

clear mara-bismt .

modify c_t_data from it_s012biws index l_tabix.

endloop.

Hope this helps.

Regs

Gopi.