cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with build

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I m a very new with this tool, in fact I just started, but I have a problem that Im not able to solve in anyway, when I try to build a application right click then development component->build I get this message ate the end of the building and I dont know how to fix it, I already create JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH and I still getting the problem somebody can help?

Build Plugin 'WebdynproPlugin', Version 7.00 SP 10 (645_VAL_REL, built on 2006-10-21 20:05:08 CEST)

development component: gp/ui/forms/items (vale.com)

software component: MyComponents (demo.sap.com)

type: Web Dynpro

build variant: default

source location: null

plugin start time: 2011-05-11 17:43:30 GMT-03:00

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.6.0_03-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

General options:

convert *.xlf to *.properties: yes

include sources for debugging: yes

Used infrastructure public part does not exist: D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP_JTECHS\DCs\sap.com\tc\wd\wslib\_comp\gen\default\public\generation

Source folder "META-INF" exists but is empty and will be ignored.

Warning: No runtime information available for development component type External Library (sap.com), cannot validate runtime dependency.

Checking path lengths for sources

Preparing data context..

No 'default' JDK defined, will use running VM.

Warning: Did not find any tools.jar in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03

Data context prepared in 0.321 seconds

[echo] Starting Java compiler

[echo] Settings:

[echo] debug: on

[echo] optimize: off

[echo] deprecation: off

[echo] verbose: default

[echo] encoding: UTF8

[echo] source: default

[echo] target: default

[echo] source paths:

[echo] D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\vale.com\gp\ui\forms\items\_comp\src\packages

[echo] D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t\D62BA6DFF6BFF0417AE9B4DAF8593868JEE\DCs\sap.com\webservices_lib\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\iq-lib.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP-JEE\DCs\sap.com\webservices_lib\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\tc_sec_wssec_lib.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP-JEE\DCs\sap.com\webservices_lib\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\util.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP-JEE\DCs\sap.com\webservices_lib\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\webservices_lib.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP-JEE\DCs\sap.com\sapxmltoolkit\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\sapxmltoolkit.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP-JEE\DCs\sap.com\com.sap.guid\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\guidgenerator.jar

[echo] D:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP_JTECHS\DCs\sap.com\tc\wd\wslib\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\_webdynpro_model_webservice_default.jar

[echo] D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\vale.com\jxl\extlib\_comp\gen\default\public\jxl_comp\lib\java\jxl.jar

[echo] output dir: D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t\D62BA6DFF6BFF0417AE9B4DAF8593868\classes

[javac] Compiling 1343 source files to D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t\D62BA6DFF6BFF0417AE9B4DAF8593868\classes

Error: D:\Documents and Settings\mario.mesquita\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\vale.com\gp\ui\forms\items\_comp\gen\default\logs\build.xml:163: Unable to find a javac compiler;

com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.

Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:929)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)

at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.ant.util.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:112)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultAntBuildAction.execute(DefaultAntBuildAction.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:218)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:195)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:347)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:58)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1723)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:5633)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(BuildAction.java:307)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.access$200(BuildAction.java:58)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction$1.run(BuildAction.java:212)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Ant runtime 1 minute 0.307 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

Unable to find a javac compiler;

Error: Build stopped due to an error: Unable to find a javac compiler;

Build plugin finished at 2011-05-11 17:44:34 GMT-03:00

Total build plugin runtime: 1 minute 4.173 seconds

Build finished with ERROR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghosh,

I thank you for your observation but I dont remember that you have tolde me wich version of the jdk I have to use, thatt I found out by my self, but I thank you anyway.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I found out what was the problem, I had to unistall all the jdks that I had in my pc and install only the jdk 1.4 on it, then everything starts to work fine.

thanks anyway for your help

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been my observation for long that multiple JDKs do create unforeseen conflicts. That is why I suggested you in the 1st place to keep only 1 version of JDK to avoid such issues unless absolutely required.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By any chance do you have multiple JDKs in your system? The one you have set in the JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH seems to be different than what you have given at the time of installation of NWDS and hence a mismatch. Please check.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I do more than one JDK because a guy from my company told me that the only one wich works with the version of netweaver I have is the 1.4, so I was trying to find the 1.4 and then I end up installing more than one, but, if that is the case how do I point to the jdk 1.4 correctly to not have this kind of problem anymore?

thanks in advance

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JDK path is stored at many points. You can try by changing the value under Window-Preferences-java-Installed JREs.

If it does not work, I would recommend a re-installation of the NWDS. First uninstall, and then clear dtr,dtc,workspace folders. Give the correct JDK path during the new installation.

Also, it is not recommendable to keep multiple JDKs in one system- it might create conflicts at a later stage.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Not sure about NWDS 7.0 sp10, it is quite old, but on my

test version here, NWDS 7.0 sp17, you have these options:

Window - >Preferences ->Java, -> Installed JREs:

Here you can add as many JKD`s as you like,

but use the check box to indicate a default.

Window -> Preferences -> Compiler - Compliance and Classfiles (tab)

Here you can set the JDK compliance level for your particular project.

I would suggest to use this newer version of the NWDS (or a newer one), they

have many new features that sp10, 11,12 and 13 do not.

Then you can have as many JDK`s on the system as you''d like.

Last but not least, you can get this version of the NWDS for free!

Service Marketplace: Software Downloads

Support Packages and Patches - Browse our Download Catalog - SAP Netweaver and complementary products - SAP NETWEAVER - SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - Entry by Component - Developer Studio - NW DEVELOPER STUDIO 7.00 - Win32

Hope you find this information useful.

Best regards,

Shimon Zafrir

SAP AGS

Support Engineer