Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

height of .pdf in WPC

christoph_buehlmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a .pdf document (1 page A4) that i upload into the shaging area. Then I go into the content editor of the WPC and I make a new page with a single column layout and I drag the before uploaded .pdf into the content of the page. This all works fine only my .pdf file is only showed in a heigth of 80 pixles. I can modify the height in the settings but nothing happens. As far as I know this is because the iView that is used for displaying my document has the value 'fixed' for height.

Now how can I find out which iView is used when I simply drag a document from the shared Content of the Area into my page? I can find the iViews used for the Content Templates (article, paragraph, URL-View etc) but which iView do I have to change in the above described case?

Thanks for the support!

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_buehlmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Update for those facing the same problem:

SAP is working on solutions. An OSS Note should be available soon to fix the problem:

Note 1732285

christoph_buehlmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nadav

thanks for your input. I can find the the iView as you mention through PCD Inspector. But even when I change teh HeightType to FULL PAGE I still only get the .pdf File shown in a height of 80px.

As you mention it is not recommended to change the values with the PCD Inspector. Can you tell me how I should change the height then? Changing the hight from 80 to 800 when the hight type is FIXED does not affect the height at all....

Thanks for an input on how to show a full page .pdf file through WPC.

Christophe

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

I performed some tests from my side to check the issue.

If I drag content from the "Shared content in this Area", changing the settings of the iView does affect the height of the widget, however, if I drag an elements from the "Global Shared content" and change the height, the change is not reflected at all (as you said...), this is most probably a bug.

About the templates, if you'll use the PCD Inspector, you can check the iView that represents your widget and click the delta link dependencies button, there you will see in the heirarchy the template that the iView inherites from.

Of course changing the template height will not work as changing the iView itself has no affect.

Best Regards,

Nadav.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Actually "FIXED" height type means that the height of the iView will be the height of the value in the "height" property of the iView (in px).

The 2 other options are automatic and full page which do not take into consideration the "height" attribute.

In any case, to your question - where to see the iView that is generated within the page:

You can open PCD Inspector tool and open

PCD-> com.sap.portal.pcc -> stagingAreaId -> <folder> -> <Area> -> <Page>

under this location all iViews that were dragged to the page appear.

You can view all their properties:

Height type =

Height =

Important! - it is not recommended to change values with the PCD Inspector as it changes values directly in the PCD.

Best Regards,

Nadav.

0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem.

Br,

Mattis

christoph_buehlmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mattis

no unfortunately not yet. We just updated on SP07 and I was hoping that this would resolve my troubles but I still get the same troubles. Let me know if you find a solution.

Best regards

Christophe