cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP HANA version upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am currently using HCP to try out text analytics.  Currently, the version of HANA running on HCP is 1.00.97.03.1443520413 or more simply HANA REV97.03 released in early October 2015.

Are there any plans for the HANA version running in HCP to be upgraded any time soon?

Right now, the text analytics exercise I am performing is working fine.  I wanted to be prepared if in fact a HANA upgrade was planned in Q3 or Q4 2016.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you are talking about productive HANA systems assigned to your account - you can update it as a self-service. See SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Trial HANA MDC instances are already running on SPS 11.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Just to add to Vladimir's comments - SAP would provide the latest version of HANA on HCP but the HCP account admin needs to upgrade their HANA DB as and when they are ready. SAP does not automatically upgrade the database as there could be applications running on it. I created a HANA MDC instance on trial few days ago and the version was 1.00.112, so you could try out text analytics in trial accounts too.

Cheers,

Murali.

Vlado
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What you are saying is true about updates to productive systems (in productive accounts). Cf. the link in my previous reply.

After some email exchange, it turned out in this case a shared schema is used in a trial account. As this is a legacy/deprecated option (in favor of MDC instances), we are currently trying to clarify whether there are any plans to update it; current assumption is no (or only in case of critical security issues).

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Vlado
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

For the record/future reference: Confirming the above assumption - no plans to update legacy shared HANA systems for trial accounts (though it might be mandated by unplanned circumstances, e.g. a security issue).