Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F: TS17900101 - step_object not instantiated in the workflow log

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are developing a HCM P&F Workflow which uses a standard approval task TS17900101. STEP_OBJECT is a element in the container (the description says it will be filled automatically). When I try to execute the workflow the task gets created in the UWL, however the STEP_OBJECT element in the task is not getting instantiated and hence when I try to open the task from the UWL it gives an error No step object GUID is assigned to the work item ID XXXXXXXXXX

Please guide me if i need do any additional settings in order to instantiate the STEP_OBJECT container element?

Thanks,

Bharath

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath Mohan ,

The Step Object container is filled automatically once the process is initiated it generates a unique GUID.Hence it doesn't require to be instantiated manually.

Please check if the mandatory container params are filled correctly.

For the approval task mandatory params are:

FORM_SCENARIO

FORM_SCENARIO_VERSION

SUPPRESS_SAVE

FORM_SCENARIO_STAGE

Also do check if you are able to generate a process reference number once you've started it and check if the form scenario,process and event linkages are correctly assigned.

Regards,

Aravind.P

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I am passing all the mandatory parameters mentioned. Also, the process reference number is getting generated and the workflow ends in error with the following message

*Exit CL_HRASR00_POBJ_WF_EXIT triggered exception for event STATE_CHG *

I found a OSS Note 1384961 which deals with the error. Unfortunately the note is already available in the system and still this error.

NB:- I have added this class CL_HRASR00_POBJ_WF_EXIT in the program exits tab of the step

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please check the consistency of the process by running the program : RPASR_CHECK_PROCESS. This will tell if the configuration for HCM Process is good / in error.

Also do check the table T5ASRPROCESSES whether case_guid for the process is generated.

Regards,

Aravind.P

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for the reply....

The issue was because of authorization. the workflows executed fine after assiging SAP_ALL authorization to WF-BATCH user id.

Thanks,

Bharath