Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble connecting to Repository Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ivvada

CA Forum: Authentication

We have a Crystal Reports XI, professional edition. I am, for the first time trying to use repository. It prompts for the logon information where the windows title is "Log on to BusinessObjects Enterprise". When I log in it says, the system can be contacted, but there is no central management server running at port 6400.

Can any one help me how to get to repository. All my report files are in the network. But the software is local.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: fiddelm3742

Just a couple of random things to check into.

First, I dont quite understand why you're connecting via desktop intell from server 2003, but whatever that's not important.

Could there be a firewall issue?Does the user you're connecting with have right?Using business view manager connect and make sure that the user has rights to the repository, if not give the user the rights required.

kinda vague suggestions really. Sorry

MF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: LeeCUK

Im having the same problems trying to use designer.I have installed Enterprise XIR2 onto a Windows 2003 server and all services are running.I have installed the client on another windows 2003 server and I can connect to the console via the web.Firstly desktop intel would not work and gave me the error below, however a new entry appeared in my server dropdown with servername (.Net Portal) and after selecting this Desktop intell worked.When I try to run designer I dont get the extra server in the dropdown nor does it connect when tryped manually and gives me the same error I was getting for desktop intel.

Im using enterprise authenticationHas anyone figured this out please?The error im getting is below[repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Transport error: Communication failure.(hr=#0x80042a01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: colin mackenzie

Hi ivvada.

Check to make sure all you services, are all up and running on your Crystal Reports Server.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: fiddelm3742

It might seem like a silly answer, but I have had numerous users contact me because they couldn't log into the repository. They hadn't changed the System: textbox to be the name of the server that they're connecting to. Be default i believe it points to your(or their) local machine name. Change that to be the CMS server. Also you might want to check that you have rights to login to it as well. There might be a better way to do this, but I used the "Business View manager"

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: mewdied

To use the repository you must connect to a machine that is running Business Objects Enterprise. If you are choosing a server that is running that it could be that either port 6400 is blocked, or the CMS server is not running.