cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this ever been done before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main report with numberous subreports but most of the subreports are using very similar or the same parameter prompts. How to combine all these prompts into just 4 parameters.. of the numerous prompts 4 were identified as the same. any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this can be avoide by linking Main report parameter to sub report parameter.

Example : Main report contains a 'Country' parameter and also some of your sub reports were also using the same parameter.

Right click on your sub report and go in Change sub report links and select main report parameter and select your sub report equalent parameter ( here we are linking main report parameter to sub report parameter).

Now your report will not askuser for your sub report parameter, it will pass your main report parameter value to sub report parameter.

thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I relink just the parameters field or do I need to change the formula fields... if I change Subreport Links >>> it opens the Subreport Links options... in the Available fields to Link and the Fields to Link.... how would I know which to move. Can u give a simple example? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to select main report parameter and try to select a parameter from your sub report. (You will find an option 'Subreport parameter field to use:') link it to sub report parameter. This could be an additional link to your sb report.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)