cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone implemented ESS on Webdynpro?

0 Kudos

We have EP6.0,Enterprise R/3 on WAS 6.2. We are upgrading to WAS 6.4. Our current ESS is based on the ITS services.With WAS 6.4,would we be forced to use the new ESS functionality that is based on WebDynpro?

We don't have in-house expertise on WebDynpro,how complicated would it be to implement the new functionality?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pang

For enhancing ESS with Webdynpro you have to follow a framework called FPM (Floor Plan Manager) which SAP itself uses to create the standard Webdynpro of ESS/MSS package.The only online help available is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

You have to go through the tutorial completely and then analyse the existing SAP created ESS Webdynpro.A good starting point is ess~skl (Skills Application).All development standard/ naming convention you will get from there.

For further information regarding these please post.

Thanks

Ananda

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Did anyone tried to add custom fields to the SAP Delivered Web Dynpro? If so how did you do? Whats the best way?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

DO you have any document on how to chnage ESS webdynpro content ? Please send it to me on chandraj@gen-probe.com

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main things that you need to become familiar with Netweaver Developer Studio, the Design Time Repository, and WebDynpro development.

To make modification to the ESS components, you must import into the DTR and checkout via NWDS. Currently, we are customizing several of the screens. It takes a skilled Java developer to determine how to make modificaitons. The ESS components are very integrated and complex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am already sent Two Tutorials to SDN i hope sooner it will be published in SDN.

these tutorials basically explains implementing Employee Self Service Application Using Webdynpros,Avoiding ITS,

And answers for the question why Web Dynpros for ESS eventhough there are readymade EP iviews are available?

is this your requirement!then tutorials give you answers

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have these tutorials made it out yet?

0 Kudos

Thanks,we have customized the standard services a lot though,in fact we are using Z versions for all the services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think it would be a big problem as long as you have not done any customization to the standard ESS. You should be able to migrate without problems. In case you face a problem when you migrate do post your query and you would get a solution :).

regards

ravi