cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA XS authentication - xsodata - website

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Scenario: Is it possible to implement authentication mechanism outside the XS, allowing the website that consumes a xsodata to handle the authentication ? The user of the website should not be asked with the HANA database credentials, they should be able to loin using their website username & password and get authenticated in HANA using a single HANA database user.. Also, from the HANA point, we should know the details of the website user who has accessed HANA xsodata service.

Is there any best practice to test xs authentication scenario's ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Section 8.5, page 459.  You will have to create a xsjs to expose this kind of anonymous access. Anonymous access via oData is currently not supported.

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Developer_Guide_en.pdf

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! Could you please explain what you mean by anonymous access ?

In my scenario, the web server talks to xsodata to get the data (here, what authentication method to use ?)and the users login to web server to view the information from xsodata. How to handle this scenario ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In other words, the xsodata is accessed by a non sap application server, and the users login to the non sap application to view the details. What is the best authentication method to be used here ?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I might have misspoke when I said that anonymous access is not supported with xsodata. Please see this thread.

http://www.saphana.com/thread/2349

Cheers,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you !

Another question, could you suggest a best method to authenticate the web users (not hana database users)  inside hana and consume xsodata ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The concern we have with anonymous access is, we want to know which web user had logged in, whereas with anonymous access, all the users will be accessing the xsodata using one hana database user. Is there a way to authenticate the web users in hana along with the using a hana database user ?