Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Studio Run configuration

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm following the guide here, using SAP HANA Studio and a HANA 2.0 SPS 03 server:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/52715f71adba4aaeb480d946c742d1f6/2.0.03/en-US/8d78eb6f6e8f4307be939a6bc6...

And when trying to test the OData service I discovered that I don't have any "Run configurations" active.

The link:

http://<hana.server.name>:80<HANA_instance_number>/helloodata/hello.xsodata/otable

doesn't work and the "Run as"

Is there anything you can suggest?

Another thing. Just making sure I understood correctly:

Procedure:
1. Perspective Repositories -> New package
2. Perspective Repositories -> New schema
3. Perspective Proj Expl -> New table
4. Perspective Modeler -> New access
5. Perspective Proj Expl -> New descriptor
6. Perspective Proj Expl -> New app access
7. Perspective Proj Expl -> New OData
8. Test ... error

Is there anything you can suggest?

Kind regards,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MariusStoica
Active Participant

Hi thomas.jung,

It only worked if I created an "XS Project" with the name "helloodata" instead of a "Package" as it is suggested in the guide. Everything worked out just fine after this modification from the guide :(.

My question now is ... is it as it should be? is it something wrong with the guide?

At least my problem got solved.

Thanks Thomas,

Marius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

First I would say that if you are just first learning the development environment, maybe the choice of the HANA Studio and XS Classic isn't the best place to start. These are deprecated environments. I would suggest perhaps starting with XSA/Cloud Foundry and Web IDE for SAP HANA /Full-Stack if possible. The development process is quite a bit different.

That said, you have an extra forward slash in your URL before hellowdata which could be causing problems. Try re-testing without that. The URL path should match exactly your package hierarchy in the HANA Repository. Make sure that it does match. Without seeing a screenshot of your repository content, its difficult to say much more.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I understand and I want to, but unfortunately is all I have at the moment and since I'm already years behind I have to get my hands on something 🙂

Here is the repo: