cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Studio on OSX - BW Modeling Issue

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant

I'm seeing some strange screen rendering when I try to manage Composite Providers from HANA Studio. Screenshot is attached; the connecting lines aren't rendering properly on the screen. Has anyone ran into this? It makes it impossible to see the Source/Target mappings. Is there a release timing for the BW Modeling Eclipse tools for Eclipse 2021-12? 2021-12 is available to run natively on my machine instead of through Rosetta which the older version required.

OSX Monterey, M1 MacBook Pro, Eclipse 2021-09

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just installed the latest release of all the eclipse tools - the problem is still there. Anyone from the SAP team aware of this issue or can provide some insight when this might be fixed? Is OSX Eclipse a supported platform for these tools?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

pawelwiejkut
Active Participant

January 2024 - still same issue with newest BW Tools and Eclipse

glebkuzmin
Explorer

Latest HANA studio (or Eclipse - doesn't matter) with the latest modeling tools still has exactly the same issue.

I assume SAP officially abandoned any development for Mac or never started in the 1st place.

tobiasweiss

I have an open sap incident since December 2020. But until now I didn't get an answer when Eclipse BWMT will correct work on Mac OS 😕 (problem should be inside eclipse)

I tested everything with new BWMT Tools 1.25.6 but here I have still the same problems

Kind regards,

Tobias

arda_alkan_dh
Explorer

Hello,

I am facing the same rendering problem as I open a transformation in Eclipse (2022-03 on OSX Monterey, M1 MacBook Pro) Please refer to the attached screenshots. Is there any solution to this problem?

eclipse-trfn-issue.jpg

eclipse-version.jpg

Best

Arda

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it seems buggy for quite a year now?!

This note will also not help solve it, but at least I want to link it here, since I was looking for solutions regarding the same issue, also 4 weeks ago:

1971987 - Deletion of local cache in BW modeling tools for Eclipse

Maybe it helps in another situation.

BR, Martin

thomaspfab
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tired with a fresh HDBSTUDIO Workspace and BW Project?

Kind regards,
Thomas

glebkuzmin
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is happening with a fresh installation of HANA studio or/and Eclipse with fresh workspace, it doesn't matter. The problem is in BW modelling tools component, not with local cache/config/installation.

thomaspfab
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran a complete new installation of all components onto BW MT 1.25.6.

3258384 - Modeling Tools for SAP BW/4HANA and SAP BW powered by SAP HANA : Release 1.25 Patch 00 - S...

Components:

SAP HANA Studio --> 2.3.70
Eclipse Platform --> 4.24.0.v20220607-0700 Build id: I20220607-0700
Modeling Tools for SAP BW/4HANA and SAP BW powered by SAP HANA --> 1.25.6
ABAP Development Tools --> 3.24.1

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Thomas

arda_alkan_dh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I've update all the components (including sapmachine - jdk -17.0.5) and now have the same version as you have but unfortunately, it did not solve the issue.

Best,

Arda

thomaspfab
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

SP00 Patch5 for SAP BW MODELING TOOLS 1.24.43 --> SAPBWMTE00P_5-70006961.zip will solve displaying issue, but there is still 1 open issue.

If you map 1 source field on 2 target fields the connection is shown incorrectly with 1.24.43. 1 connection is shown only

on BWMT 1.24.13, the mapping is shown correctly but the lines are not ending at the characteristic. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Thomas