cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Stored Procedure from Excel

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've a requirement where I need to call the HANA stored procedure from within Excel Macro. This is pretty much feasible with the SQL server by using the EXEC sytatement. I can connect to the HANA system and do 'Insert/Update/display' records in the Excel by writing the code in the Macro directly. After that I wrote the same SQL to display the table record in a stored procedure. I'm trying to call the stored procedure by using Call or EXEC statement but it doesn't work ?

After that I tried to use the Microsoft Query to connect but I'm getting error 'Data Truncated' after I enter the system details and the credentials for the HANA system.

Can anyone please let me know how can I call the HANA stored Procedure from the Excel ?

Thanks for the help

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know the syntax of calling HANA Stored Procedure from Excel ?

Thanks

Alok

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the search here in the Community. The topic was already discussed in post Connecting HANA with Excel through VBA.

Regards,
Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

I already did before posting here. Found the SAP note but that also didn't help. Would appreciate if you know about this issue and would share the solution here.

Thanks

Alok

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

W/o knowing your code/example I would be a kind of try and error approach to give you hints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

As I mentioned in my question, I've written the simple select query to display the table data onto excel spreadsheet. It's working fine. Now

I want to call exactly the same sql from with a stored procedure that I've created in HANA. Now instead of writing the Select * on the table, I'm calling my stored procedure using CALL/EXEC statement at the same place and storing the table data in the same variable that I was using before with my select query. To call the procedure I used this syntax, CALL "Schema_name"."Procedure_name" but I'm getting this below -

System Error &H80040E14 (-2147217900).

I tried with EXEC statement also but got same error.

Thanks

Alok