cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA SDS trying to start projects fails with: [FAILURE:Could not allocate Controller][CODE:710078]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm pretty new to HANA SDS and trying to get at least something running. I have installed an SPS12 (Rev 121) HANA system that consists of 2+1 HANA nodes, 2 DT nodes and a freshly installed HANA SDS node. Installation went fine, the streamingserver is up and running.

I used the Studio with SDS plugin to create a simple project (similar to the videos of the SAP HANA academy) and tried to run the project on the streaming server, but while compiling was fine, I always get following error message from the streaming when I try to start the project:

[FAILURE:Could not allocate Controller][CODE:710078]

I do not find anything that helps me to understand what is wrong I how I can fix it.

I also tried it on the CLI:

streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --start_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

Password:

[error] server returned :

192.168.1.39 is my machine where the streaming servers runs on.

The trace files do not tell me anything either. In the trace directory I only find the general server log (streamingserver_vh-node11-sles.30016.000.log) that protocols the user login before I add the project, but nothing more. A trace file for the project does not exist...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lin_murong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Could you show me your project configuration (CCR file) here? if you set Affinity and point to a specific controller, it may have this issue.

Another thing, please run below two commands and show me the result:

1. streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --get_controllers

2. streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --get_projects

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

thanks for taking a look into my issue.

The outputs are:

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --get_controllers

Password:

Controller[0]:  vh_node11_sles@https://vh-node11-sles:30026

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --get_projects

Password:

=============================

Workspace:                    myws

Project:                      test

Instance Count:              1

----------- Instance Details -----------

Instance Name:                default

Controller Name:              null

Current Status:              stopped

Requested Status:            stopped

Failure Interval:            0

Failures Per Interval:        0

The full CCR is attached (I copied an excerpt without the <AdapterPropertiySet>).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Configuration xmlns="http://www.sybase.com/esp/project_config/2010/08/">

<Runtime>

<Clusters>

<Cluster name="esps://192.168.1.39:30026" type="remote">

<Auth>user</Auth>

<Username>system</Username>

<Password>manager</Password>

<Rsakeyfile></Rsakeyfile>

<Managers>

<Manager>https://192.168.1.39:30026</Manager>

</Managers>

</Cluster>

</Clusters>

<AdaptersPropertySet>

[..]

</AdaptersPropertySet>

</Runtime>

<Deployment>

<Project ha="false">

<Options>

<Option name="time-granularity" value="5"/>

<Option name="debug-level" value="7"/>

<Option name="java-max-heap" value="256"/>

</Options>

<Instances>

<Instance>

<Failover enable="false">

<FailureInterval>1</FailureInterval>

<FailuresPerInterval>1</FailuresPerInterval>

</Failover>

<Affinities/>

</Instance>

</Instances>

</Project>

</Deployment>

</Configuration>

Thanks

Thomas

lin_murong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank your information!

It looks like it is because the project controller is  null :

Maybe during your using studio to add project, something wrong for your controller running (in that moment).

Please run below command to remove this project first:

streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --remove_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

And then, it is better you can try to use command line to add/start the project:

1.  streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --add_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test --ccx <your project ccx) --ccr <your project ccr>

2. streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --start_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

If it works,  you can stop/remove the project and  then go back the studio to start the project:

1. streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --stop_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

2.  streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --remove_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

3.  use your studio to try your project (compiler, start,  anything else)

Let me know your test result.

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

unfortunately, this approach does not select the appropriate controller as well:

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --remove_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

Password:

[done]

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --add_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test --ccx bin/test.ccx --ccr test.ccr

Password:

[done]

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --get_projects

Password:

Instance Count:               1

Current Status:               stopped

Requested Status:             stopped

Failure Interval:             0

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --start_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test

Password:

[error] server returned :

I see --controller-name as option for the streamingclusteradmin command. I tried to use it with "vh_node11_sles@https://vh-node11-sles:30026", "vh_node11_sles" and "0", but always the same result from --get_projects that my controller is null, e.g.

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --add_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test --ccx bin/test.ccx --ccr test.ccr --controller-name vh_node11_sles@https://vh-node11-sles:30026

Password:

[done]

Password:

Instance Count:               1

Current Status:               stopped

Requested Status:             stopped

Failure Interval:             0

Any ideas what could be wrong with my controller?

Thanks and kind regards

Thomas

lin_murong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Did you add multiple hosts for SDS ?

From your list information, your SID is  a53,  however you use the  port number is  30026 (in your command line)

It is strange, usually you should use  35326 or 35316

Could you try : streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:35326 --username=system --get_projects  ?

If it works, please always to use the port 35326 to do remove/add/start project

Another thing,   could you also send me your cluster.xml (in your $STREAMING_HOME/../cluster/a53/config) ?

You can send that by email :  lin.murong@sap.com

And also do below operations and give me the result:

1. echo $STREAMING_HOSTNAME

2. echo $STREAMING_HOME

Can I also login your machine to have a look?

If yes,  I can do that tomorrow !

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we were able to figure out the what the problem was. In the server trace file following lines gave the hint (they are only printed once during startup):

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.861 WARN - CODE_700168 | Configured base directory could not be created

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.861 WARN - CODE_700073 | ApplicationType [ha_project] failed initialization...skipping

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.861 WARN - CODE_700168 | Configured base directory could not be created

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.862 WARN - CODE_700073 | ApplicationType [project] failed initialization...skipping

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.863 WARN - CODE_700431 | Configured base directory could not be created

Jul 29 2016 20:28:20.863 WARN - CODE_700073 | ApplicationType [toolkit_adapter] failed initialization...skipping

It shows as a warning, but actually leads to the error. In the cluster.xml configuration file, the base directory is shown as following:

cluster.xml:                        <Class>com.sybase.esp.cluster.plugins.apptypes.HaProject</Class>
cluster.xml:                                <Property expand="true" name="base-directory">${STREAMING_SHARED}/cluster/projects/${STREAMING_CLUSTER_NAME}</Property>
cluster.xml:                        <Class>com.sybase.esp.cluster.plugins.apptypes.Project</Class>
cluster.xml:                                <Property expand="true" name="base-directory">${STREAMING_SHARED}/cluster/projects/${STREAMING_CLUSTER_NAME}</Property>
cluster.xml:                        <Class>com.sybase.esp.cluster.plugins.apptypes.FrameworkAdapter</Class>
cluster.xml:                                <Property expand="true" name="base-directory">${STREAMING_SHARED}/cluster/adapters/${STREAMING_CLUSTER_NAME}</Property>

My problem was that ${STREAMING_SHARED}/cluster/projects/${STREAMING_CLUSTER_NAME} was not writable for the streamingserver. I fixed this issue and the project did start successfully:

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --add_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test --ccx bin/test.ccx --ccr test.ccr --password ***

[done]

vH-node11-SLES:a53adm> streamingclusteradmin --uri=esps://192.168.1.39:30026 --username=system --start_project --workspace-name myws --project-name test --password ***

[done]

Thanks & kind regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

I ve got the same error as you, checked streaming server logs, no WARN found, only INFO rows.

Besides, I also changed the old  "STREAMING_SHARED" path to a writable one, but still not able to run the project..

Could you suggest?

Thanks,

Anni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Thomas, for taking the time to explain the underlying cause so that others can benefit.