cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Express Parallel Taskchains

MattRogers
Explorer

We have had an issue where our HANA express instance became unresponsive with high CPU. We decided to reboot and found that after it came back up, our primary taskchain now will not run. When executed, it says aborts with an error message saying "Number of parallel Task Chain runs 2 exceeds limit of 1".

I've googled and looked into what I can but I can't see how to clear this. Presumably there is a process linked to this taskchain which it still thinks is running but I can't see where I can kill/end this process to re-run it?

There doesn't seem to be anything in SAP notes either?

We have a workaround of duplicating the taskchain but this issue has now happened again and blocked the copy. So - while I can carry on duplicating it and hoping it doesn't happen again - I'd prefer to clear it properly!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

former_member465157
Discoverer

Hi Matt,

There might be some leftover taskchain that are still in unfinished status. And you may log on dwf-toe-hdi database and then execute the below SQL statement to double check it.

SELECT COUNT("LOGID") AS "CNT" FROM "com.sap.dwf.toe::TaskLogs.LogChain"
WHERE ( "FINISHED" = false AND "STATUS" <> 'ABORTED' )
AND "XSAJOBHEADER" IS NOT NULL
AND "INSTANCEID" = ?
AND "NAMESPACE" = ?
AND "TASKCHAINID" = ?
=> The non-zero result may show there is still leftover unfinished taskchains. Then you may execute the below SQL statement to finish the taskchain manually.

UPDATE "com.sap.dwf.toe::TaskLogs.LogChain" setFINISHED=true,status='ABORTED'
where "XSAJOBHEADER" IS NOT NULL
AND "INSTANCEID" = ?
AND "NAMESPACE" = ?
AND "TASKCHAINID" = ?

Note:

1. You can get the user/password for logging dwf-toe-hdi in 'xs env dwf-toe' -> section {"name" : "dwf-toe-hdi"} -> you will find the user/password.

2. You can get the instanceid/namespace/taskchainid for above SQL statements from the request url if necessary.

Thanks & Regards
Susan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Task Chain runs sounds like SAP Data Warehouse Foundation (DWF), correct? (consider adding the tag)

Did you update DWF to the latest SAP HANA, express edition 2.0 SPS 05?

According to the Feature Scope Description, this is no longer supported

MattRogers
Explorer

Hi Denys

We're still on SPS 04 at the moment which supports DWF - thanks for pointing out about SPS05 - looks like we're stuck on this SPS level for the time being then. Any thoughts on how I can clear these processes?

regs

Matt

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Will check...

MattRogers
Explorer

Hi Denys - did you get a chance to look into this? We're still seeing this behaviour and it's really frustrating. As you pointed out, we can't upgrade to SPS05 because DWF isn't supported.

Is there no way to see/clear out these "locked" taskchain instances?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Let me ask around a bit ...

to be continued

==

See Susan's response as comment.

MattRogers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks susan.sun - that worked perfectly!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MattRogers
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're still on SPS 04 at the moment which supports DWF - thanks for pointing out about SPS05 - looks like we're stuck on this SPS level for the time being then.