cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Iam facing the issues in Guided procedure.I have two Action.The Action two is Assigned to two users.Both the user get the Action in the UWL and both the user are possible to edit the Action.If one user completed the Action,the Action assign for the second user also completed.These things are working fine.I need to solve other issue.If one user edit the action i need to provide some information to other user ie.the Action is in Processing by other user.(or) If one user edit the Action at the same time the second user open the same action in his UWL the Action is in non editable mode.please provide the suggession for these issue.Its urgent.

Thanks and Regards,

Satheshkumar.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, there is a complicated solution for this. Let me know if you are still interested and I will tell you how.

Cheers,

Mandrake!

(The Magician)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

That is the important issue.Please provide me the solution for that.Its urgent.

Thanks&Regards,

Satheshkumar.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Here are the steps.

I'm assuming that you have good knowledge of GP process designing. Let me know if you are stuck anywhere.

These steps have to be followed for all blocks in the process.

1) Initiate the process

2) Let us assume that the first step in the process has reached two agents' UWL (A and B)

3) When the step is clicked for execution, you must actually execute a check step prior to the actual step. That is lets say that the actual step is called as 'Approve'. So the flow will be like this

i) Initiate

ii) "Check" step (invisible to the user) here perform the check for a flag say InUse = ' ' ? This parameter should be visible at the process level too. If this flag is not set, then set this flag to 'Y' and then branch out to the "Approve" step (iv).

elseif the InUse flag is already set to 'Y' (by another person), then branch out to a display form CO that says that the step is being executed by someone else.

iii) After the step has been successfully executed, then you can set the flag accordingly. Make sure you handle the case if he just opens the task but doesnt complete the action. In this case you need to set the flag back to initial and route back to that check step.

Cheers,

Mandrake!

(The Magician)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont think this is possible to the best of my knowledge. Until that process is complete, you have no ways to determine whether someone else is already working on it or not. Its like First Come First Served basis kindda approach. Whoever submits first will go through and the next person though he submits will get an error message stating that action cannot be performed or something like that.

Cheers,

Mandrake!