cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grouping on a condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some data issue as follows. We have some orders that had some items arrived at the customer damaged. We track such data.

I have made the cr by group1 = part#. the problem is that some orders they entered the same part same order they discovered damaged at different times. So in that case we have such data: so in this below case, we would want to see total of 9, we dont' need the breakout. The manager wants to know if damaged parts occurs on more than one order.

########Figures Damaged Report08/25/2015-09/23/2015
Part#DescORD#IDSHP#Ord Type
FIAWDM
FIAWDMARM WRESTLING-3.5" DOUBLE MALE058126571COR
FIAWDMARM WRESTLING-3.5" DOUBLE MALE058126578

COR

SO we want to see like here: here you  have more than one order.

FIBADSM
FIBADSMBASKETBALL-4.75" DRIBBLE MALE0576949918
FIBADSMBASKETBALL-4.75" DRIBBLE MALE058122241

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Group by Order Number inside the group by Part Number.  Then take the data out of the details section and put it in the Order Number group footer.  Suppress the Order Number group header and the Details sections.  Instead of using the quantity from the data, use a Summary to Sum() the quantities per order.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not bad,  but then I need the detail to show more than one order but I have modified to show only the total which may be what they want.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you group by Order Number inside the part number group, you'll get a row for each Order Number.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

right but they dont want to see like this

part#           order#               QTY

abcpart         123                   1

abcpart          123                  6

but they do want when its this>

abcpart          145                 5

abcpart           134                2

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe we need a sub report

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I gave you will do.  Let me try to walk through it another way.  Assuming that Part Number is the first group and Order Number is a group within that, here are the sections you'll have (minus page and report headers and footers):

GH1 - Part Number:  Contains column headers.

GH2 - Order Number:  Suppressed.

Details: Suppressed.

GF2 - Order Number: Contains your data lines with a SUM of the quantity instead of the quantity value from one record.

GF1 - Part Number:  Maybe a summary of the total quantity of the part from all orders, or maybe just suppressed.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks I missed a step

Answers (0)