cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global bookmarks for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

is it possible to save "global" bookmarks to share them with other users who uses a specific application or is there any workaround for this? At this time I think bookmarks are only for personal use.

Kind regards

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

You can use Portable Fragment Bookmarks as described in this post: 

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bensan,

thanks but I think this wouldn´t solve my problem. I need to create a bookmark which can be used by other users too like a "global bookmark" and not a user specific bookmark. At the moment I think the bookmarks are stored by user.

Kind regards

Andre

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Portable Fragment Bookmarks are in fact global and can be shared across users as explained in the post.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andre, we faced the same problems and questions.

We us fragment bookmarks only, so they are definitely user specific.

But we decided this intentionally, since the amout of bookmarks will be too high otherwise.

We have about 800 active bookmarks with nearly 400 active users.

To overcome the the "sharing" issue, we use the build-in function:

• Bookmark.FragmentBookmark.shareBookmark(url);

This works quite well for us, since we combine the user specific aspect along with the sharing option.

Eventually this will be a workaround for you as well.

Best regard

Stefan Hüttner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input! I tried the PortableFragmentBookmarks and I think this would be my solution for that case!

Is there a way to "reset" an application to drop the selected bookmark? Or do I have to create a bookmark within the OnStartup to have a "clean" option?

Kind regards

Andre

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

You could use State.backToStart() to "reset" the application.  You may also find the following blog relevant: http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2014/12/05/14-new-features-applying-...

Regards,

Mustafa.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

In your scenario, can you clarify what you meant by "the amount of bookmarks will be too high otherwise"?  If you were to use Portable Fragment Bookmarks instead of Fragment Bookmarks, how would that result in more bookmarks being created compared to Fragment Bookmarks?  Or did you simply mean that users would have visibility to far more bookmarks than needed since the bookmarks of other users are exposed too?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Answers (0)