Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving input to all types of combinations in a Text Object in Layout

ven_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam having a problem with handling an Text object in Layout which is of type Char, and in this i would like to input all kinds of characters with all possible combinations.

I tried with Ascii combinations of HX - 0 TO 7F but it accepts with numbers starting but it doesn't accepts if i start with some symbols..is there anyway - i can start with symbols or numbers or with characters.

Regards,

Ven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

the characteristic should be set to "accept lower case". In addition you will have to maintain the allowed characters in the transaction RSKC (note: this has an impact on the rest of BW!).

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marc,

First Thanks for your exper comments.

I also have same kind of problem i guess this will help me.

cheers,

Vmatt

Message was edited by: vMatt

ven_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Coming to this problem i already maintain in RSKC and the object is set with lower case, but still i have problem when i enter some text in french character set notion,and

if i start with some symbol say for Ex:- +, -, / is not working.

What might be the way to achieve this so that i can allow them to plan even if they start with symbols in planning .

The object is of Char type.

Best Regds,

Ven.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

You must include uppercase french letters into RSKC.

Best regards,

Eugene

ven_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Eugene,

Thanks for your comments on this one, but i have already carried out this process in French,Dutch and i included thru RSKC all kind of special symbols they want to use. But my problem is with symbols.. if i want to start with symbol it won't accepts but if i do start with some characters and start using symbols it accepts.. Iam stucked up because of that!

Best regds,

Ven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

Bear in mind that you'll not able to include special )invisible) symbols. May be the problem in them, not in visible symbols.

Best regards,

Eugene

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

please keep in mind that we are talking about the technical key of a characteristic. Keys have to be unique. Therefore not all special characters are allowed. Can you give examples for the values? It might be better to put those into the text/description of the characteristic or use comments to attach this information to the data.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I Do have the same problem , but i have taken all kinds of symbols its working for me.

Thanks for your post on this issue

cheers,

vMatt

Message was edited by: vMatt

ven_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Marc,

Here is an Example.

I knew that we need to be unique, iam not having problem with uniqueness of entry.

I want to input the text with +30% of..... some information related to that entry.

for some entrys -10% of some .. text. i.e this user specifically asking he should be given flexibility to input in this way too! not with starting atoz or numbers and combinations with symbols , he want to start with symbol for some entries and he want to carry on.

Now i have taken all possible combinations of text and symbols with numbers - it works fine if i do start without symbol, But if i start with symbol then it is giving error.

What iam trying is i have given selection range including the Decimals/hexadecimal notion too! 0 to 9f.

But still the same problem.

Best regds,

Ven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think you'll succeed in this way.

You'd better consider the Mark's recommendation: Put the texts you need in texts of infoobject, and for key value of char use permitted symbols.

Best regards,

Eugene

ven_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Eugene,

Thanks for your reply on this one once again.

Yes iam also thinking in this way but let see what Marc says as he is trying to explore more i guess as he asked me with some example. I have given the example of entry they make,But it is just a object of type Char and iam not maintaining any texts for this object at all it is just used for some reference in later time they want to identify with the planned data.

Best Regds,

Ven

Answers (0)