cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of Page header from Portal page toolbar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my requirement - I want to get rid of the page title showing in the Portal page toolbar and also move the "Back Forward" links to the location where page title shows up right now.

Following some of the links I have downloaded the pagetoolbar.par file. But I am not the jsp or xml experts and I am not sure how to achieve the above requirement.

Please help me find the location where in the code I can modify these.

I am familiar with the steps on how to create the par file and create iview based on the par file.

Please experts out there help me with this. I will award the correct answer.

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Page Tool Bar is not an opened PAR file which you can modify for changing your page output. There is no source code provided in the PAR file - you can generate the source code by decompiling the .class files but that will be very risky.

If you just need to put off the title of the page you can open the Page object and list all properties. From there you can set the property "Show Object Name in Tray" as "No". Or you can hide the Tray itself where you see the Page Name by setting "Show Tray" as "No". These will be easy options.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapan,

You can remove the page toolbar by navigate to the PCD Content Admin > Portal Content

Locate you page and in the propery editory select the category Apperance- tray and set the property "Show Try" to "No". This will hide the try around your page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I do not want to remove the whole tray. I want to keep the tray just remove the page title and move the "Back/Forward" links in the front (left align).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm.. some task in hand then

Extract the com.sap.portal.navigation.pagetoolbar_core.jar file from your pagetoolbar.par file. It is under com.sap.portal.navigation.pagetoolbar\PORTAL-INF\private\lib. There would be three .class files there. No .java alas. You need to decompile them and check where this change can be done. Also these Java classes are part of the core library - which means they are not for public usage. So you might need to create a whole bunch of Java files of your own. Things will go really complex there.

I hope somebody else has some alternative.

Regards,

Shubhadip