cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Table does not exist in the database" error while trying to activate an existing database

chhanda_sarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am getting "Table does not exist in the database error" while trying to activate an existing database table where I added a field and activated but after one day I tried to change the domain and tried to reactivate, that time got this error.

I even tried via se14 but no luck. Now "activate and adjust database" option also disabled for this table in se14.

Please help me to activate the tablecapture2.jpgcapture.jpg

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

At this step, you must be very careful because you may lose all contents of this table definitely, and only option is then to restore the whole database.

The table must have been copied internally to a table prefixed QCM.

You should ask your administrator to recover the table, there are SAP notes about the exact procedure (also SAP Library). In SE14, you should have an option to recover from the step where the adjustment failed.

Note that this question has been asked lots of times in the forum.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
chhanda_sarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Amo ntella,

Thanks for your concern and taking your valuable time to ans this post.

Fortunately table had only 3-4 test data in dev system which is not required.

And yes I already tried those step you mentioned before I post this question here �� but could not able to activate.

Reg my word in sentence, I m sorry if you feel it's written with attitude. I take my work very seriously and my manger knows me ��.

And lastly the problem got resolved. Thanks

chhanda_sarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks @ sandra rossi,

Able to activate the table now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abapdanny
Explorer
0 Kudos

Check if tablespace definition are the same in development or quality system as in production

chhanda_sarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes its is same in quality & production. I was just adding few new fields in the table.