Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error while loading data into BW from BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using BODS 3.2 and SAP BW 7.3

I have created Data source and infopackage at the SAP side.  While loading Amount field, for the positive values, I dont have any issue But while loading negative value in the amount field, I am getting the below error

1.       Error 'Unable to convert value 00000000000-4800 with curr' at conversion exit RSDS_CONVERT_CURRENCY_INTERNAL (field AMOUNT )

yy      

My Amount field datatype is CURR(17,2) at SAP side and it is Decimal (17,2) at BODS side. I have specified formal as external at SAP side.

i dont know whether it is the issue of internal and external settings at SAP or Do i reqire any conversion routine for that.

Kindly mention any conversion routine which I can use to delete appended 0s from the curr datatype

Kindly help.

ooo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

In my project, we push all the 'amounts' as varchar along with 'currency'. Try this. In BW, based on the currency, the amount is manipulated accordingly. Let me know if it works.

Thanks, Arun J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

In addition to this, pls chk if 'Type/Unit' of the '0AMOUNT' object is set to 'Amount' and is has a relation to '0CURR' (currency) field too. If all this is set, it should work fine.

Thanks, Arun J.

Answers (0)