cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error after sysbase database patch upgrade in DB13 - SAP Note 1602547 not implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, We have upgraded the Sybase database patch from 16.00.01 to PL01 and getting error in DB13 and it is showing as below. Error -1 : Unable to create SAP schedules! SAP Note 1602547 not implemented Error - 2 : [ASE Error SQL208:42000][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]saptools..CFGCHK_RULEBOOK not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output). As per the note executed below: TEST /tmp/asesoft> isql -Usa -SGTT -X -w999 -i syb_update_db.txt -o syb_update_db.log Password: TEST /tmp/asesoft> cat syb_update_db.log Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1: Server 'GTT': Login failed. CT-LIBRARY error:         ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error: The attempt to connect to the server failed. I have downloaded the file syb_update_db.txt copied in the location where the software is there. Please advice. Regards, Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Did you unlock the sa login before executing the syb_update_db script?

Check SAP Note 1602547 , section "How to unlock or lock the sa login" .

HTH

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria, TEST/sybase/GTT> isql -Usapsso -SGTT -X -w999 Password: 1> sp_displaylogin sa 2> go Suid: 1 Loginame: sa Fullname: Default Database: master Default Language: Auto Login Script: Configured Authorization:         sa_role (default ON)         sso_role (default ON)         oper_role (default ON)         sybase_ts_role (default ON)         mon_role (default ON)         sa_serverprivs_role (default ON) Locked: NO Date of Last Password Change: Apr 12 2015 11:08PM Password expiration interval: 0 Password expired: NO Minimum password length: 6 Maximum failed logins: 0 Current failed login attempts: 0 Authenticate with: AUTH_DEFAULT Login Password Encryption: SHA-256 Last login date: May 13 2015 10:37AM Exempt inactive lock: 0 (return status = 0) 1> sp_locklogin sa,  'lock' 2> go Account locked. (return status = 0) 1> Do we need to lock sa or unlock. Regards, Karthik.

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

To execute the script you need to unlock sa but as per your sp_displaylogin output it appears it is already unlocked.
I can see the sa password was changed the day you posted this thread:

Last Password Change: Apr 12 2015 11:08PM

How did you change it exactly?

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria, I have unlocked again but when I access DB13 getting below error this is happening after Sybase Patch Upgrade to PL01. 500 SAP Internal Server Error ERROR: Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible. (termination: RABAX_STATE) Regards, Karthik

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

The error you have is a different issue.

I strongly recommend you to open a new thread for each different issue you may find to avoid the thread to become unreadable for future readers if it includes several issues.

It could be also good idea to mark if you get the correct answer (when you get of course) it so we know if we really could help with the initial problem

For this different issue, do you have an ABAP dump ? you can get it from transaction ST22.

BTW, I recommend you to use directly the transaction dbacockpit as it replaced old transactions such as DB13 (Option DBA Planning Calendar in the DBA Cockpit).

Regards,

Cris

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Seems I am facing the same issue. But it was not after the upgrade, recently I have re-setted the SA password. Since then I am unable to schedule automatic backs in DBACOCKPIT. I am not sure whether we need to update the changed SA password some other location. Hope some one could help on this issue.  

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

When you change your password for SA you need to ensure the password for all users with sso_role is consistent.For this follow note 1706410, if you did use procedure in 1872806 make sure you do not add -psa but rather -psapsso 

1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users

1872806 - How to set a new password for SA account in Sybase ASE server

The SSO  stands for System Security Office role.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolaas,

I have followed the note 1872806 to reset SA password and with that I have changed the SAPSA and SAPSSO passwords. After this we have maintained the same details in SAP secure store and the database connection seems to be OK. Sybadm connection is working fine and as per the test result I have seen the message Database connection was successfully established.

But I am not able to trigger the auto backup jobs and I am ending with an error worker jsj__RunSQLJob: jsd_MakeConnection() failed for user sapsa to server SID” at OS level in log file.

At SAP level we are seeing a message

Exception CX_DBA_ADBC in program SAPMHTTP line 0

Kernel Error ID:

WP ID: 25

WP PID: 4256

Application Server: XXXXXXX

SYSID: XXX

SY-SUBRC: 0

SQL statement: INSERT INTO saptools..CFGCHK_RULEBOOK(PROD_NAME,PROD_VERSION,PARAM_LEVEL,PARAM_NAME,PARAM_OP,PARAM_VALUE,PARAM_REQ,PARAM_OS,PARAM_DB,PARAM_BW,PARAM_HADR) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Database: +++SYBADM

caused by

Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION in class CL_SYB_RDI_QUERY

Kernel Error ID:

DB Error: Yes

SQL Code: 208

SQL Message: [ASE Error SQL208:42000][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]saptools..CFGCHK_RULEBOOK not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

DB Object Exists: No

Duplicated Key: No

Internal Error: 5

Invalid Cursor: No

Unknown Connection: No

Connection Closed: No

Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Amarnath

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Armanath,

I wonder why did you change the password of a login that is basically unused in a Business Suite context (that's why it is locked) unless you are following an official procedure that do need to temporarily unlock the sa (such as the upgrades).

Moreover, DBA Cockpit doesn't require sa login.

In transaction DBCO you have to have a connection configuration named +++SYBADM that uses sapsa login, specific to Business Suite environment.

What can you see there in your case?

Why the sa login is unlocked in your environment?

Thanks to clarify so we can help you better

Regards,

Cris

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolaas,

Please note that some notes are specific to ASE for custom applications.

You can check at the bottom of the note if it can be applied in a Business Suite context, for instance, it must indicate component BC-DB-SYB.

HTH

Cris

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I had a situation like I have lost all the passwords SA, SAPSA, SAPSSO so I was forced to regenerate to SA password to get into database. I have followed a procedure 1872806. Got the password for SA with that I have changed the SAPSA and SAPSSO passwords.

+++SYBADM shows the connection was successfully established. But we are failing to trigger auto backups.

Also the scheduled calender jobs are failing after the password resets. More over SA is locked.

At OS level I am getting a message worker jsj__RunSQLJob: jsd_MakeConnection() failed for user sapsa to server SID

Please help on this situation.

Regards,

Amarnath

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

1. You hijacked a thread logged by karthik - not cool!

2. Rather log your own thread not to confuse the different issues

3. Your error indicates this xception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION in class CL_SYB_RDI_QUERY

So in ST22 download the short dump and attach it here to make it earsier for us to assist you. Click on "use advanced editor" here when you reply to attach the file.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolaas,

I am sorry for this.

I do not have any dumps generated on this issue, even I don't find any logs for this issue.

As you suggested I have opened a new thread for this please check .

Please guide me.

Regards,

Amarnath

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you follow instructions from SAP Note 1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users to change sapsa and sapsso passwords? ( Including the section that mentions "After changing the user passwords in the SSFS, you have to renew all external logins whose passwords were changed." ).

Regards

Cris