cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get master data into BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i understand the way to get the transaction data into bw using 2LIS_ data source. The info package will trigger the upload of data from the setup table. So I have one info package for full upload, and another one for delta.

What about the master data?

I have activated all master data for PP-IO. How do I get them into the info objects? Do I need a separate info package for master data, or what do I have to do to get all necessary master data into the proper info object.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you will have to load master data individually and the best practise is first load master data and then go for transaction data loading.

As mentioned by Venkat there will be different master data types and for loading each type of data you will have to create a separate Infopackage and you need relevant data source also.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so I have to create for each master data-data source one info package, correct?

For example I have 0DT_ELEMENT_ATTR and 0DT_ELEMENT_TEXT, it means I need 2 info packages? One for attribute and one for texts...

In PP-IO (RSA5) I count 35 master data-data sources. A lot of info packages needed...

But in Business Content for that particular cube there are almost all info packages active (green), therefore i dont have to care

about master data info packages? I mean they are allready there?

What I dont get is, that every info packages from business content has the name of the info object in it, just like the data source.

But I dont see any info package in BI Content, that has the name of the data source in RSA5 in pp-io.

Therefore I dont need the master data from pp-io and the cube gets his master data from somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alto,

For example I have 0DT_ELEMENT_ATTR and 0DT_ELEMENT_TEXT, it means I need 2 info packages? One for attribute and one for texts...

Yes one for Attr and one for texts.

when you install the BI content in BI system, select In data flow before and after you will get all the objects related to particular info object.

Search the Info Packages by object name, you will have info object name in it.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Edited by: Amit Shetye on Oct 25, 2011 1:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alto,

--- Yes, you have to create infopackage for each datasource.

In PP-IO (RSA5) I count 35 master data-data sources. A lot of info packages needed...

--- If you want to load master data for all then you need to create infopackages.

+What I dont get is, that every info packages from business content has the name of the info object in it, just like the data source.But I dont see any info package in BI Content, that has the name of the data source in RSA5 in pp-io.

Therefore I dont need the master data from pp-io and the cube gets his master data from somewhere else?+

--- Look, infopackage is only used for data load purpose upto PSA & datatarget. So don worry about naming convention.

rather you can create new and give them proper naming to understand. Like for datasource 2lis_02_itm

2lis_02_itm_init - for initialization

2lis_02_itm_full - for full load

2lis_02_itm_delta - for delta.

Hope you clears the doubt.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually I thought using business content should make things much easier...

So the way I am working now is, activating all master data sources in R3, replicating this in BW, activating everything that business content is showing me in data flow before(therefore I have all infopackages)....Hoping everything goes fine and never have the feeling to be sure that everything I activate is really necessary.

And to check if the master data flow works, I check every infoobject and take a look if everything is loaded?

If some attr is already loaded, I first delete and then load again to check if data flow works? I load every info package

seperately to check if the master data flow works?

How do you check?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alto,

goto Info Object check whether you have data in it.

info object --> right click --> maintain master data

execute

here you can see the data.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

okay thanks, and that you have to do for every info object? I mean an info object has

a lot of attributes and these attributes are also info objects and have also attributes and so on...Its a never ending story.

If I take a look at the data flow before of some info objectss, how can I be sure that all the different sources really get to the target.

Some fields are empty when I do "info object --> right click --> maintain master data", so I dont know whether its correct or some sources never reached the target.

confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the info Object not necessarily to have a Data source.

Eg : Info object Document number (Ds not require for this info object)

Inst ed of confusion you can go for top down approach (take the info object from cube then find the required IOB after that you can go data flow before in the Business content installation )

For one Data source you can have multiple targets (IOB) .

One info object can have multiple Data sources like 0customer (0customer_attr,0customer_txt)

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alto,

Like Transaction data, there are datasources for master data.

So, for master data you need to create separate infopackages/DTP to load data.

Master data is also important lik transaction data for reporting. So, best way to load master data first and then transaction data.

You should load masters like Attribute -> Text -> Hier

Also you need to tod attribute change run after loading for changes reflected in masters.

Hope it clears you.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Same as transaction data we have data sources for master data.

1) Data source for master data attributes

2) Data source for Master data Texts

3) Data source for Hierarchies

You can search the data sources with info object name in RSA5

generally naming convention will be like if you want load master data for 0CUSTOMER

then data sources for this are 0CUSTOMER_ATTR and 0CUSTOMER_TEXTS like this.

Yes we have to create separate Info package for master data.

for each data source you have to create data sources.

If you are going to load Delta loads then create Delta IP otherwise not required.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you will have to create the info packge for extracting master data from the data source to info object in the same way you have designed for the transaction data.

Navesh