cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get data from one of the dso's within a multiprovider based on condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have 2 dso's within a multiprovder, billing and order ocndition data. For a billing report with condition types i am hitting blling dso. But in some cases my price and condition vlaue are zero in this dso which was due to some other issues. So depending on condition like when my price is 0 in billing dso, i would like to get the price data from order condition cube.

I thought of creating an left outer join infoset, but am not getting how to get the data based on the condition. Since its multiprovider with same infoobjects in both dso, if i include both i am afraid its going to add up the data.

we are using bex 3.5. Can anyone help me how to proceed with this requirement.

Thanks,

Swebusr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this if it works..

1. In MultiProvider identify those key figure from both the InfoProvider ( DSOs)

2. In BEx create KF1 . Restrict with 0INFOPROV = DSO1 ( Billing) , hide it

3. Create KF2 . Restrict with 0INFOPROV = Cube ( condition cube) , hide it

3. Create a Fomula Key Figure 3 with the definition

KF3 = KF1 + KF2* ( KF1==0)

If KF1 is zero, then KF1 == 0 will be true and it will return value 1. So, basically you would get

KF3 = 0 + KF2 *1 = KF2

When KF1 is non-zero, expression KF1== 0 will be false and gives a value 0. Let;s say KF1 =5 , then

KF3 = 5 + KF2 * 0 = 5

Now show KF3 in the report

Regards

Anindya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do onething instead of creating iNFOSET OR MP,you can have the routine written for pricing KF..

so based on required condition you can get the required data filled in new field..

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a particular key figure in multiprovider if possible change the identification mapping and retrive data only from required source.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anindhya, I will defeintly give the logic a try.

Durgesh,

can you explain in more detail if possible with an example "For a particular key figure in multiprovider if possible change the identification mapping and retrive data only from required source. "

Swebusr

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So depending on condition like when my price is 0 in billing dso, i would like to get the price data from order condition cube.

So you need to get the data from both cube( when value in DSO is zero) and DSO..so , do not think unique identification would help you here.

Regards

Anindya