cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ALV Variant config data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All..

I have an ALV which is having 2 static fileds and some dynamic fields. Now the issue is that whenever I set a Global variant in Admin mode for the static fields. It got saved successfully but when user opens the ALV with his Global Variant, the dynamic fields also get hide.

Is there any method, which we can use to get the Variant fields, which will have the information that what fields are set to hide within this Variant.

I have already checked iwci_salv_wd_table-GET_CONFIG_DATA and CL_SALV_WD_COLUMN-GET_Visible and CL_SALV_WD_COLUMN-GET_POSITION but these does not seems to be working for me.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sanket Sethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for Thomas Jung inputs on it...

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

I hope you have set the global variant for alv by using url parameter "sap-config-mode=X".

Please delete all the user settings and then try to set the global variant.

To delete the user settings use component : WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama..

I think you have not gone through actual issue details which I've already mentioned in my earlier responses with in this thread. I am also not using sap-config-mode=X and just created a Global variant(Hided two Staic fields in this Global variant in Admin mode), which worked perfectly.

Now when I uses this Global Varaint on user level, then the Dynamic colums which are not hided into this Gobal variant at all, will also get hided. And this is the real issue which I posted with in this thread.

I am looking for the same and I think now I have to wait Thomas Jung expertise.

Thanks,

Sanket Sethi

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Thanks for elaborating the issue.

Could you confirm that you have set the alv global variant in ADMIN MODE as below

If so , please follow my earlier reply for solution.

If you have not set the global variant of alv as above, pls share the procedure of the same.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried that already and it simply not working. Every time Dynamic columns got hide.

Desperately looking for Thomas Jung now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama..

Actually we have set a Global Variant and whenever user selects that Global variant for the ALV then Dynamic columns do not appear. This is for all users, as this is a Global Variant set in an Admin mode.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Could you clarify me few points

• if user opens application without selecting variant, are the dynamic columns appearing?
  • Is it the case for only particular user or for all users?

Regards,

Rama