cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Delta on Texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is what I wanna achieve. I want to do a delta on Masterdata Text. I'm using a DB View for generic extraction. When I try to do a Generic Delta, I see only 3 fields,MANDT, AUFNR and TXTMD.

Now my question is -

Can I do a delta on AUFNR?

If so, what kind of delta should i be using? (Time stamp, Calender day or Numeric Pointer)

And for the settings, would it be a New Status for changed records or Additive delta?

If the above isnt possible, how would I be able to achieve delta?

Thanks in Advance. Any help or pointer would be appreciated and fully rewarded.

Thanks,

Mav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If AUFNR is your data key (which I guess is your case) then you won't be able to do a delta with that information.

For generic deltas you need a field that is updated with every change the source data suffers, like for instance, a timestamp.

In order to perform a generic delta on a table, you need that every time a row is updated on that table:

- A timestamp field is updated on the table, or

- A "last changed" field is updated on the table, or

- A counter is updated on the table

One of these three fields is the field that you'll use to base your delta.

There is a good how to guide on SAP Service that will guide you on the process of creating a generic delta. If you can't find it, let me know.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I have the document that u r referring to. But it doesnt say anything abt the texts delta, all it talks is abt the transactional data.

Here, the scoop is, i have to be able to do a delta on master data, both the attributes and text of a char. i can be able to achieve delta on attributes by using system date, but what i want to know is whether can i achieve delta on texts.

sorry for repeating the same question, as i wasnt clear abt the answer u gave me. When i try to make it generic delta tab, I see only 3 fields,MANDT, AUFNR and TXTMD.

Now my question is -

Can I do a delta on AUFNR or TXTMD?

If so, what kind of delta should i be using? (Time stamp, Calender day or Numeric Pointer)

And for the settings, would it be a New Status for changed records or Additive delta?

If the above isnt possible, how would I be able to achieve delta?

Thanks in Advance. Any help or pointer would be appreciated and fully rewarded.

Thanks,

Mav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maverick,

you cannot use any of the three fields for your generic delta. What you need is really a last changed or a created date. In your case this means you need to create your own extractors at least based on a view over master data table and text table including the date information from the master data table. Another option is to create a fm and reading the change docs (if there are) for your texts. But anyway, in case of texts I would say, in most cases it is not worth the afford because your are mostly just extracting a few, may be a few hundred records.

Hope this helps

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Thanks for the reply Siggi. I'm no Abaper so dont want to get info all the FM stuff. Anyway i wanna do the delta on a generic extractor(DB VIEW).

Is it possible to include a field in my view for text( i mean any new field other than the existing three), which can be made to enable delta(just a thought), some or any field which might not be relevant to the requirement, but still give us a option to do delta. some field like system date( i dont know). Please Advise.

Thanks in advance,

MAv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maverick,

If you are not able to use a "last changed date" or a timestamp, have you considered to use the same date that you use for the attributes?

You said that you are able to use delta on attributes by using a date. Why don't you use that date for your text table? you only need to create a view and join the table that contains that date with your text table (by using MANDT and AUFNR). It's not the best option, though it is a good approach.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maverick,

I don't know to what table you are referring to, but normally in R/3 there are always two tables. One for the object itself with some additonal attribute and one for the texts. Usually the 'attribute' table contains a creation and/or change date. So you need to create a view containing both tables and including this creation/change date. You can then use this date/s to do a generic delta.

Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi