Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Datasources issue u0096 one OLTP & two BW-System

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defined Generic DataSources for transaction data in R/3. These DataSources are based on Generic Delta. Delta Specific Field is Calendar day (Field name AEDAT). Right now is the source system with only one BW-System (PROD1) connected. We load data from Generic DataSources once in a month. Generic DataSources are working perfect!

Issue: We want to copy the BW-Productive System (PROD1) into new BW-Productive System (PROD2) on one Saturday in coming future. The new BW Productive-System (PROD2) will be connecting to same R/3-System.

1) I should see two entries for one Generic DataSource in RSA7 (BW Delta Queue Maintance): one for PROD1 and second for PROD2. When I can see it?

2) What about the LUW entries per Generic DataSource for the system PROD2 in RSA7 (lets say that one DataSource contains 17 LUW entries for PROD1 before copying the PROD1 into PROD2 in RSA7)?

3) Any other hints regarding this issue to handle it.

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards,

Moha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see a reason, why this should happen. Because, technically, these two different systems should have separate delt.a queues. so your understanding will go wrong. This means that, probably, you will have to do a fresh load ( init) and then do delta.

Think about it!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you copy your BW Prod systems, the R/3 is not aware of that.

So after your copy, you will still have only one delta queue in RSA7 on the R/3 system, the one for BWPROD1

So it means that you will have to reinitialize the delta process for BWPROD2, and not only for that extractor....

PYG

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the answer. Means I can reinitialize the delta process (without Datatransfer) to see the Datasource for BWPROD2 . What about the LUW entries for BWPROD1? They will miss for BWPROD2!

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me , the request from BWPROD2 will be treated as new request & all the data till that point of time will be extracted .

Once data is extracted successfully you will find 2 queues in RSA7 with two different source systems .

Regards

Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can see the entries in RSA7 once the delta load starts to pour in.

Thanks

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriee,

Thx for the answer.

Let’s say that the Datasource PROD1 contains 17 LUW entries for PROD1 before copying the BW PROD1 into BW PROD2 in RSA7. These 17 LUW entries will be missing for the Datasource PROD2.

Is there any solution for it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have copied the BW system and connected the PROD2 system to the R/3 system via source system connection.

Initialize the data for the new system, subsequently you shoudl be able to see the RSA7 for both the systems.

It should not be a problem.

Regards,

Nitin