cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a PDF in web dynpro application (pdf coming as output from BAPI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am developing a web dynrpo application, I am using two BAPIs.

From the second BAPI the PDF is generated as the output, and I require to call that BAPI in my application and see that the PDF is generated when I execute the BAPI.

Kindly tell me how could I generate the pdf from BAPI to display in the web dynrpo application.

The PDF is generated using the SAP Script from the R/3 system, ABAP(BAPI).

Thanks and regards,

gopi krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/4adf7ba13c4ac1b4600d4df15f8b84/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2b6db1c4-0801-0010-faa5-ff4...

/people/alfred.barzewski/blog/2005/07/27/new-samples-and-tutorials-for-web-dynpro-programming

Go through this links it will be helpfull to you

regards,

Naga Raju

Message was edited by: Naga Raju Meesala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopi,

You need to insert an Interactive form UI element in your View. And in the context you create an extra field pdfsource (boolean) and you bind this to the UI element's pdf property.

In the inserted interactive form UI element, right click and choose edit. You will go to the Adobe designer. Here you can insert the fields and bind them with your context.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

Thanks for your response.

Let me be more clear to you so that u can understand my problem better.

I have a BAPI in r/3 system which on executing created a PDF file and asks to store in a particular location then the PDF is being stored in a particular location.

Now in web dynpro when I am executing that BAPI from front end I am not getting anything, reason maybe the pdf has to be stored somewhere before it is being generated.

How can I insert fields into Adobe designer.

please suggest me.

Thanks and regards,

gopi krishna

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Which BAPI is this? Is this SAP delivered or Customer created? When you run the BAPI from the ABAP environment you say that it "asks" where to store the file. Is this truely firing a file dialog window? If so then it is violating the rules of BAPI - that they must run dark with no communication to the frontend. This may be the cause of your problem. If the BAPI is attempting frontend communication via the SAPGui then this would surely fail from Web Dynpro.