cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full load/delta load

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

I have been scheduleing my delta's for the past couple of months now. However, it seems that I have some data missing. I will need to do a full load for the missing time periods but my question is - If I do a full load for the missing data will that affect my deltas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nyrvole,

If the data target is cube, then you can go ahead and load the missing data through simple full load. But in case of ODS, make sure that this full load is of repair type.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am going to do a full load into an ODS. How can I make sure that my request is of "repair" type?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the InfoPackage> menu Scheduler > Repair Full request.

Or simply in the InfoPackage press Ctrl + Shift + F1.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, points awarded to the both of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nyrvole,

In the InfoPackage -> Scheduler -> Repair Full Request. If you click on that, a pop up window will come, tick the check box and then load the data.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

If you are loading data into ODS in Overwrite mode you can do repaire full load. and you can pull delta from ODS to CUBE. Nothing will happends to existing Delta.

But if you are loading directly to CUBE, you have to delete the data selectively and load full(bit risky procedure).

Hope it Helps

Srini

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

No, a Full load will not affect your existing delta set up. We usually stop the delta loads until the full load is complete, and then resume the process chain once the full load is completed.

Hope this helps...