cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full data is not being display in report for "LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text" type field

sunil1101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have extended Opportunity BO with a field type LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text", then I have enhanced my datasource and report.

for this field I have entered value almost 100 characters but in report only 60 character is being shown.

Could anyone help me how to bring whole value in report as it is in database.

Thanks

Sunil Maurya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As per your requirement in reports only display 60 characters.

We have similar requirement to display more than 1000 character in report but this is not possible in report

Please check this discussion :

Regards,

Mithun

sunil1101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I came to know from my colleague this is a limitation applies for standard an extension fields.

This limitation is because of underlying BW/BI platform.

The Answer so far we should use our character within 60 characters.

"Saying long thing in short is an Art"...

Regard

Sunil Maurya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If your customer agree to download report in PDF format than this is possible.

We have achieve using SDK and create custom solution and download into PDF format with Notes( more than 1000 characters).

We have also make this automated to send email to employee with attachment.

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

yes, the limitation of maximum of 60 chars for reports is a technical restriction based on underlying business analytics product design. It was there in bydesign and also in c4c and other on-demand solutions, and it is not possible to solve this problem directly so far.

There are some workarounds however, which are based on SDK development (AEO Objects). Those workarounds are not generic and you have to build up a small solution in order to implement it. If you are interested you can email me directly  (lgranats@gmx.de)

Best regards,

Leonid Granatstein

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a bit late now..

I think the reporting structure is updated now to show up to 1024 characters. By default, only 60 are shown, but in settings we can enable "Show extended Text". If you download the report, I guess the entire text is shown.

-MT